Kevin Kisner suspended from his home club for this video

5,404 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ORAggieFan
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Along with all his buddies in the video.

07fta07
AG
Why would he be suspended for that? I kept waiting for something to happen.
cevans_40
AG
That's exactly why Golf courses all over the country are struggling. These guys are out having a good time and didn't cause any damage (they would have paid for any damage done had there been any) and the old guard is dead set on punishing them. Golf as an industry really needs to take a good long look in the mirror and lighten up.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:

Same here. Drank beer. Played golf. Had fun. Maybe a little reckless with the carts but minor. Stupid.
Ag_07
AG
Guess I'm in the minority...Glad he got suspended.

That's a dumb move on his part. Immature high school kids at the muni drive golf carts like that. Not a pro at I'm assuming a swanky place. Get your ish together and act your age.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
..and allow blue jeans and tee shirts
Yesterday
AG
We got to play at Palmetto Country Club during Masters week and from everything I've read and experienced about the place, it's very old and very traditional/strict. In fact, Bobby Jones had to ask Palmetto to stop letting Augusta National members play because He wanted to keep them at AN(obviously that's changed today).

For the record I didn't see anything wrong or at least suspension level but I'm not sure I would have tried that there. Beautiful course btw.
cevans_40
AG
quote:

I will never understand how what another person is wearing can affect ones round of golf.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The cart stuff is worthy of a conversation between grown-ups. That's about it.
AustinCountyAg
Considering he has a house on the course and I'm sure does many charitable things for the club for free if I had to guess, I'd tell them f you and to kiss my ass....

He and is friends did nothing wrong. A little reckless with golf carts? Yes, but he's a legit professional who can easily pay to fix the problems. Very clear they were all just putting on a show for the camera crew. Like I said I'd give them the two word salute
Oyster DuPree
AG
Unacceptable behavior. Hope he's prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Hope he gets the death penalty!!!!
Oyster DuPree
AG
quote:
quote:
Hope he gets the death penalty!!!!
Ag_07
AG
I also think there are two aspects no one has mentioned...

The liability the club takes allowing that. Yeah they can pay for any damages but a wreck in one of those things and an injury opens them up to some liability.

The atmosphere other members are paying for. Other member are paying good money to avoid those kinda actions that they see at the local goat ranch. If I'm paying that much I don't want to be surrounded by guys acting a fool in golf carts.
JYDog90
AG
That's true. He probably didn't get suspended by the club for doing it. He got suspended by the club for videoing it and allowing it to stay in the final product.
JR Ewingford
Oh God, they probably just did it for the video. Some of you need to lighten up.
ClassOf17
Jokes on them. This dude plays on the most beautiful courses in the world.

Calla ways probably payed the course to do this video too.
The Lost
quote:
quote:

I will never understand how what another person is wearing can affect ones round of golf.
While it doesn't effect your round, the jokes on you for not wearing golf pants/golf polo's.... new tech is waaaay more comfortable than jeans/tshirt.

plus, look like a badass, play like a badass
DannyDuberstein
AG
I find that a pair of Rustler jeans, a Faded Glory polo, and some Champion brand golf shoes is an excellent combination for hustling strangers at golf.
Elmo Lincoln
AG
Damn, that's a joke. On another note, Kevin Kisner just became one of my favorite golfers. Love having a new guy to root for!
t - cam
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

While it doesn't effect your round, the jokes on you for not wearing golf pants/golf polo's.... new tech is waaaay more comfortable than jeans/tshirt.

You telling me you make fun of the way people dress? Are you in junior high?
ORAggieFan
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Pretty sure he's saying that today's golf clothes are easier to play in than jeans and a tshirt. I completely agree with him.
khaos288
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Pretty sure he's saying that today's golf clothes are easier to play in than jeans and a tshirt. I completely agree with him.
comfort wise this is definitely true. I don't care what anyone else wears on the course, but nike golf pants > denim jeans for comfort and function/movability. Same goes for whatever the fabric is they make shirts out of vs old cotton shirts.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you're wearing cargo shorts, tucked-in t-shirt, and socks with sandals...yes, I'll make fun of you. A grown man should have some common sense.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Guess I'm in the minority...Glad he got suspended.

That's a dumb move on his part. Immature high school kids at the muni drive golf carts like that. Not a pro at I'm assuming a swanky place. Get your ish together and act your age.

Party Police
12thMan2012
AG
Looks like fun, but yeah you get suspended from clubs for doing stuff like that. Heck, at my small town 9 hole goat ranch you'd get suspended for a day for having cart races (probably).

Not to mention, that was only a 10 minute snippet of probably a 3 hour time frame (9 hole round + introductory time etc.) so the club might've had other reasons surrounding that video to suspend him. Based on the time they seemed to be having a lot could've happened in 3 hours to get suspended for a few days.
PJYoung
AG
quote:

The club was founded in 1892 and is 20 miles from Augusta.

There's your answer.
cheeky
AG
I'll bet they've done it dozens of times. Posting the video was not such a good idea. From the looks of that course the club is taking itself way too seriously. Note: top 25 pro golfer and local rising star building a house on your course is a good thing!
93MarineHorn

quote:

How do you feel when you go to a nice restaurant and some people are way under dressed, like jeans or shorts and t shirts? It doesn't affect the taste of my food, but if definitely affects my overall experience. I'm paying a couple hundred bucks for a nice dinner and would appreciate it if other patrons would show a little class and respect for others by dressing appropriately.

I feel the same way about nice golf courses. If it's your local muni with a $25 green fee then jeans are fine. If it's a better place with a nice clubhouse you need to be dressing up a little.
Ag_07
AG
Great analogy

And like I said earlier, there are people out at that course paying good money to avoid those kind of actions and the club has an obligation to put a stop to it. The narrative completely changes if this at the local driving range or a drop in at the local muni tract.

I can completely understand why they suspended him and I'm not at all in disagreement.
07fta07
AG
I seriously doubt they do cart races on a regular basis. I'm sure it was just for the camera crew. Other than that, what they were doing is typical golf club activity (drinking and gambling). They're inviting a lot of negative publicity over nothing.
malenurse
AG
quote:
I seriously doubt they do cart races on a regular basis. I'm sure it was just for the camera crew. Other than that, what they were doing is typical golf club activity (drinking and gambling). They're inviting a lot of negative publicity over nothing.
It's Palmetto Country Club. Do you think they give a crap about negative publicity?
07fta07
AG
They may not but eventually old members die and I don't know a lot of the younger generation that wants to join a club with a stick that far up their ass.
ORAggieFan
They have lifted the suspension.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.