Tiger

6,967 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jj9000
DuckDown2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SIAP.

"Progressing nicely"

https://twitter.com/TigerWoods

(Somebody help me do this right, I'm an idiot)

The Shank Ag
Rory said something along the lines of, "Looking good but do some calf raises will ya!?'
DuckDown2013
AG
seriously.. I fell like he used to be a tank
Ag_07
AG
Because he always swings that free and easy out on the golf course.

If he can figure that out and get that through his skull he'd be so good. Until I see that happen I won't get my hopes up.
'03ag
I said several years ago after the first time he came back too early and got hurt, that he was done because he'll never stay healthy. He can't stay away long enough to get fully healthy, so he can't stay on tour long enough to get his game in order.

These free and easy swings are great on the range, but Tiger can't play that way. There will always come a time when he has to really go after a shot, and his back will go again.
CapCity12thMan
AG

quote:
Because he always swings that free and easy out on the golf course.

He is swinging with what looks to be at most a PW...Note the ball backs up on the monitor when it takes one bounce too...so its not like he is ripping at a 3 iron.
BarryProfit
I don't think he was trying to prove he was tournament ready.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah I saw where Brandel Chamblee ripped Tiger apart saying his swing looked like that of 'a beat up, put back together 40 year old man'. He went on to say something like his swing looked to short and quick and not like anything of a tour player.

For one he's coming off some major surgery and I don't think he's saying he's ready. And two it looked like he was swinging a 1/2 swing wedge, so yeah it looked short and quick.

I don;t think it's fair to critize the swing until we see it in full force. That short video was certainly not full force.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Brandel needs to STFU.
Kramer
AG
Plays Swing instead of golf. Bet he knows, within a hundred rpm, his spin rate for all his irons. He's just totally infatuated with the golf swing.

Watching him, it's almost like he gets frustrated that he can't just play at the driving range.
TexAgs Legend
I expect nothing less out of Brandel "Sham"blee. Dude is low-class (or should I say low-ass?) to his creamy center. Absolutely odious thing to say about Tiger. ODIOUS. I'll never forgive him.
AggieC07
AG
He's using a 9 iron and looks like he's teeing off on a par 3 about 150 yards
Phat32
AG
Good to see...hope he takes the right amount of time off this time. Develop old man golf that you can play for another 30 years.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
I don't think he was trying to prove he was tournament ready.
This...

He released the video to dispel the rumors that he was a cripple and couldn't even sit without writhing in pain.

Chamblee has this false sense of self-importance and likes to listen to himself talk.
Ag_07
AG
Let the speculation begin!!!!

Buzz on social media today is that Joe LaCava spent a few hours out scouting the Golf Club of Houston site of the upcoming Shell Houston Open (which just so happens to be 1 week before the Masters).
Phat32
AG
Not a chance in hell that he plays the Masters.
watty
AG
Yeah I don't buy it. Tiger's gonna finally do for real what he's always pretended to do: wait to return until he's actually healthy. IMO. And I see no way he goes from just hitting easy nine irons to playing major tournament golf in the span of about 6 weeks. Maybe he'll be back this summer, but I would be beyond shocked if it were before that.

IF Joey was actually out there, it could have been for multiple reasons. Shoot, he could have just gone to play it for fun.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Lacava scouting the course for Freddy? Makes more sense than for Tiger.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Let the speculation begin!!!!

Buzz on social media today is that Joe LaCava spent a few hours out scouting the Golf Club of Houston site of the upcoming Shell Houston Open (which just so happens to be 1 week before the Masters).
tiger gonna make an appearance on the driving range at SHO before heading up to Bluejack to check on things...or vice versa.
Baby Billy
AG
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/woods-status-masters-remains-uncertain/?cid=twitter-gc-a-woods-status-masters-remains-uncertain-032816
watty
AG
Not attacking you here but that's a pointless article that added nothing to the story of Tiger Woods.

Odds of him playing are still just as low as they were a month ago. Very low.
Phat32
AG
What horrendous clickbait.
Baby Billy
AG
I agree
Quinn
AG
SI published a fantastic Tiger story by Alan Shipnuck today. Well worth your time.

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/what-happened-tiger-woods-it-remains-most-vexing-question-sports?simple=1
Phat32
AG
Now that's a story.
DuckDown2013
AG
Great read, thanks!
agsalaska
AG
Good article. I did not know some of those things about his dad.
El Mero Guero
That was a great read. Pulling for the guy, more so in the area of life and happiness than golf.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Tiger skipping the Masters per Yayhoo Sports
AggieC07
AG
http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/15114772/tiger-woods-play-masters
BarryProfit
While this sucks, for tiger fans it's probably best long term. Also it sounds fairly promising that we see him play sometime this year.
Baby Billy
AG
Full range session video. Looks good

Quinn
AG
http://www.golfchannel.com/media/tiger-woods-puts-three-shots-water

Not the best display by Tiger this morning...
beerad12man
AG
quote:
http://www.golfchannel.com/media/tiger-woods-puts-three-shots-water

Not the best display by Tiger this morning...
Killin Me Smalls
AG
That was hard to watch
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.