I just bought some new shoes

3,990 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by bagger05
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went with the Skechers Elite

I am very nervous about going from cleats to the nubs but I had to try something different. I love the look of adidas shoes and they always feel great in the store but they tear up before too long and once they start to go bad they absolutely destroy my feet.

Hopefully these will feel good and not give me blisters.
Brick Tamland
I got the spike less adicross for Christmas and I absolutely love the spike less
jj9000
AG
Good purchase.

Not sure I'll ever buy another pair of soft-spikes.

The bottoms of those Elites look very similar to FJ Contour Casuals...which are some of the most comfortable shoes I've worn (not limited to golf).

BTW...I wouldn't think twice about slippage. I'm not sure I ever lost my footing in the Contour Casuals.

You'll really be able to tell the differnce after you walk the course.
Sooner Born
Something is up with your post, Bagger. I don't think the photo is right.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Love my spike less Adidas shoes. Way more comfortable than the old Footjoys I had.
07fta07
AG
I only wear Adidas and recently tried a pair of their spikeless. Love them. I just won't wear them in the morning when there's a lot of dew (stick to spikes then).
Those Skechers actually look pretty damn good.
AustinCountyAg
I'm also a fan of spikeless shoes. I have a pair of Ecco biom hybrids and a pair of Nike Spikeless and I love each of them for different reasons. I still have an older pair of Addidas spikes that I will wear if the course if wet, but if possible I go spikeless when I can. I love the fact you can just wear them from home and not have to worry about packing extra pair of shoes or whatever....they are easier to walk in as well compared to spikes IMO
Ag_07
AG
I made the switch to spikeless on accident when I had some old Golfsmith gift cards. I randomly picked up a pair of Contour Casuals that were on clearance. Turns out I love them and have since moved on to Eccos. They're pricey but they're so damn comfortable.

One aspect that I think gets overlooked (at least for me) with spikeless shoes is the overall relaxation I get. Seems like it helps with my swing to stay relaxed and smooth. Just an overall comfort level that shows in my swing.
AustinCountyAg
quote:
I made the switch to spikeless on accident when I had some old Golfsmith gift cards. I randomly picked up a pair of Contour Casuals that were on clearance. Turns out I love them and have since moved on to Eccos. They're pricey but they're so damn comfortable.

One aspect that I think gets overlooked (at least for me) with spikeless shoes is the overall relaxation I get. Seems like it helps with my swing to stay relaxed and smooth. Just an overall comfort level that shows in my swing.
I agree. It is hard to explain, but when wearing spikes it feels like my feet are stuck in the ground and makes my hips feel constricted. I feel it the most with the driver.....Like I said, hard to explain
98Ag99Grad
AG
Let me know how the Sketchers work. You're the first I've seen that's bought a pair.
bagger05
AG
Walking 18 tomorrow and I'll let y'all know how it goes. I don't know anyone else who has tried them so my impression of them will be the first that I've heard.

After getting burned by adidas shoes too many times, I decided to try something else. I had an absolutely awful experience with the FootJoy DNA last year. One round in them and they ripped my heels up really bad. I am not opposed to giving the DNAs another try because in an effort to prevent blisters I laced them kinda weird and was wearing some special socks. Since then I've had lots of issues in those socks so I think that might have been part of the problem. Point being I don't think they got a fair evaluation.

I decided to go with something that had more of a tennis shoe/running shoe kind of feel to them and was deciding between the Skechers and the FootJoy HyperFlex. I went with the Skechers because they are cheaper, I talked myself into giving the nubs a fair try, the HyperFlexes made a weird noise when I walked in them (I think that would go away after breaking them in), and I don't like the look of the HyperFlexes.

I'm nervous about the nubs on the full swing but I'm looking forward to them on the green.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
I'm nervous about the nubs on the full swing but I'm looking forward to them on the green.

Don't be. They'll hold for enough stability for a confident swing, but enough give to not make you feel like your bolted down and have some freedom.

And good choice passing on the shoes that make noises. I'm a firm believer that you shouldn't have to break shoes or boots in. If you find yourself saying that then they're not a good choice.
07fta07
AG
quote:

It's not an issue at all. I was really worried about the same thing and only recently bought spikeless because I found a closeout pair of Adidas for like $40 so I figured I'd give it a shot. I haven't slipped once.
However, I don't wear them when it's wet or in the morning because of the dew, so that could be the only issue I could see.
bagger05
AG
One round in and no slipping and the shoes were comfortable. Course was bone dry so I'm not surprised.

In addition to feeling better on my feet from a heel blister perspective, the nubs vs. spikes also made a big difference in how they generally felt walking. Especially on the greens.
LHIOB
AG
I bought these Eccos last year before a trip to Bandon and I love them.

REMARCH11
AG
I wore Foot Joys (Classics and Dry Joys) 25 years, I switched to Adidas about 8 years ago, the first pair I had were OK (360 sport, I think) then switched to 360 tour and those have been the best shoe I have owned to date.

I play a lot tournaments and my feet never get worn out especially when I play 4 day walking tournaments.
Ecco, I just can't buy into the look, but several of my friends have them and love them.
Foot Joy BOAs are hear are really nice also. I'm going to buy a pair of the Mi Joys Icons, mainly because there just isn't a classic shoe on the market anymore. I guess you just have to design your own.

If anyone knows of a classic shoe on the market let me know. I know Foot Joy still has the saddles but I'm talking about a true classic, and no not wing tip, I'm not 70. LOL!

Thanks and Gig'Em!
MarkPro
I have been a traditional shoe guy for a long time, and still am. I have 2 pair of Foot Joy Dry Joy Tour shoes that I really like. Well I started walking at least one round a week, and while the FJ's are comfortable, I decided to try a pair of "walking shoes" and opted for a pair of Adidas Adipower Boost 2's. With no other walking shoe to compare them to, I can honestly say that they are beyond comfortable. Plenty of cushion and support, no blisters, and the back cuff bends outward, so they're easy to get on and off. I tried on at least 5 different brands of shoes at Golf Galaxy, and for me it wasn't even close.
jon gruden is intelligent
No love for the Nike Lunar Controls here...

I love my LC3's
Brick Tamland
Don't those have spikes? I've been looking at some white Nike spikeless. This thread is about spikeless shoes.
K Bo
AG
Tried on the originally posted Sketchers this afternoon. Oh boy were they comfy.
bagger05
AG
Played my second round in them yesterday. Still no problems. About two thirds through the round I had to stop and think about whether they were bothering me. The fact that I wasn't thinking about my feet at all is a big positive. That's the way it should be.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.