The Woodlands area recommendation for customers?

3,019 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by HouAggie
WestTexAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Doesn't have to be that area, but the customers I'll be taking out next Friday do work in The Woodlands. My pro has pretty good connections, so I can generally get on anywhere, so where should we go?
Aggie95
AG
Carlton Woods, The Player or Palmer course at The Woodlands, and if you want to test how good your pros connections are....have him call BlueJack National.
C ROC N
Carlton Woods would be my choice to take your clients out for a nice golf outing.
aggiebrother33
If you can Carlton woods if not the player. The oaks and TPC are good tracks as well
WestTexAG
AG
I'd doubt there are 5 pros in the state with good enough connections to get on Bluejack atm, but that would be dang nice. Thanks for the recommendations.
WestTexAG
AG
How do the player and Palmer courses at The Woodlands CC compare to the tournament course? I played the tourney course last week and it was pretty enjoyable.
aggiebrother33
quote:
How do the player and Palmer courses at The Woodlands CC compare to the tournament course? I played the tourney course last week and it was pretty enjoyable.

TPC and the player are my 2 favorites, and the oaks I personally like as well. Plenty of challenge but not tricked up like panther IMO. Greens always in good shape.
cheeky
AG
last I checked, at Carlton Woods you aren't getting on without a member
jja79
AG
Why would a high end club do this?
cheeky
AG
Because its not a charity?
jja79
AG
I get that. I guess I was surprised at some of the responses. I wouldn't expect a club to do this at all.
cheeky
AG
Correct. I misunderstood your statement.
grego
AG
I think generally it is a reciprocal arrangement to allow that club's members to play other high end clubs as a service to those members. My club does it plenty.
jja79
AG
I get that too. He's looking for a Woodlands CC to accommodate Woodlands people who aren't CC members though. I think that's a bit different.
grego
AG
Oh sorry. Yeah - I agree.
WestTexAG
AG
Yeah, the woodlands people does make it a little bit different. The pro wasn't able to swing Carlton Woods this time but could make it happen next time. I think having a local guy with me contributed to that. Played the Golf Club of Houston Tournament course today and it was a good time. We're playing the Woodlands TPC with the customer tomorrow.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
id personally play the player course over the TPC, but thats just my opinion.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
Doesn't have to be that area, but the customers I'll be taking out next Friday do work in The Woodlands. My pro has pretty good connections, so I can generally get on anywhere, so where should we go?

I would be stunned if your pro can get his members on Carlton Woods. Any of the Woodlands courses, sure. But Carlton Woods doesn't make a habit of letting other clubs members play except as the guest of a CW member. Again, i'd be stunned. And it's kind of what I do!

Actually, Blackjack may be easier right now from what I've heard to get on that way, at least for a while.

Lochinvar is also next to impossible to get on this was as well. FYI.
Ponyupag
AG
My club pro takes me and a group of college kids to Houston every summer and our lineup is shadow hawk, both Carlton woods, lochinvar, Houston country club, river oaks, royal oaks golf, club of Houston tournament, and tpc woodlands. Not sure how he does it but it's by far my favorite week of the year.
gillom
AG
Dang
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
quote:
My club pro takes me and a group of college kids to Houston every summer and our lineup is shadow hawk, both Carlton woods, lochinvar, Houston country club, river oaks, royal oaks golf, club of Houston tournament, and tpc woodlands. Not sure how he does it but it's by far my favorite week of the year.
i hate you
aginlakeway
AG
quote:

That's an impressive trip!
cheeky
AG
quote:
I'm a member at CW. Who is your pro? Post or PM
Ponyupag
AG
HouAggie
AG
quote:
id personally play the player course over the TPC, but thats just my opinion.

Ditto
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.