Golf in SA Friday

710 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by OutdoorAg2010
OutdoorAg2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will be coming to San Antonio with my girlfriend for a conference she has. That means, i get to golf on Friday! I was looking at playing The Quarry, Hill Country or La Cantera. Any recommendations on the best on to play right now? I have played the tournament course at La Cantera before. Also, does anyone want to play Friday mid morning sometime?
AustinCountyAg
I played the Quarry in December and really enjoyed it. It was my first time playing it and I thought the course was pretty neat. I got a deal on golfnow for $30. Well worth that.....Not worth the $80 or so rack rate though IMO
DOCAG79
AG
I've always enjoyed playing Canyon Springs in the past. Nice layout, and usually in good shape.
wsjag
AG
Vaaler Creek in Blanco - great course at a great price, and not crowded
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Brackenridge appears wide open right now if you want to consider that also.
TKingGill
AG
Cedar Creek, part of the Alamo City Golf Trail is in wonderful shape right now. Silverhorn is also a great, long course.
OutdoorAg2010
AG
Thanks for the advice! I am going to try to play something not too far away. I am staying down on the river walk. Let me know if anyone wants to play!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Best bet is Brack or Quarry if you want to stay fairly close. You could "slum" it at Willow Springs across from AT&T. It's a muni but in really good shape right now, a little dry in the fairways. Silverhorn is right near the airport, usually in good shape.

I might be able to break out mid morning, Brack would be the preference.
TKingGill
AG
There's Olmos Basin near the Quarry, do not play there.
OutdoorAg2010
AG
I found a Golfnow hot deal time of $45 @ 1140 @ Hill Country and you can use a code of GROUNDHOG20 to get 20% off. There are 3 spots left at this tee time if anyone wants to join. Thanks again for yalls help!
OutdoorAg2010
AG
$38 plus you can get 20% off with code GROUNDHOG20. 1140 tee time at Hill Country. Let me know if you want to play. Going to be a beautiful day!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.