Vice Golf

3,210 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tursiops93
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw them in this month's golf digest. Anyone have any feedback on them?

http://www.vicegolf.com/us2/all-balls
Mr.Bond
AG
Have to admit... These look awesome

http://www.vicegolf.com/us2/vice-golf-pro-shooter
TresPuertas
AG
If anything I agree that these look freaking sweet. May order some and test them
Out
Mr.Bond
AG
Just pulled the trigger on the shooter ones
K Bo
AG
I see what you did there. I am very interested to hear your feedback. Don't forget bout this thread after you give them a go. TIA!
Mr.Bond
Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG
Well I tried out the Pro Shooter balls for two rounds last week. First off appearance, very cool looking golf ball with the Six Shooter as the logo, I really like the alignment marking as well. The ball reacted very well around the greens and off the tee, had a ProV1 feel to it. My biggest issue was durability. I went through 3 balls in less than 9 holes, I'm I saw a crack in one and the other two had significant surface scars after hitting them with irons. Now the 2nd round I played I didnt have this many problems but the issue was still there. If they could improve the durability Id call this a very good golf ball for the price
bagger05
AG
Thanks for the review. Durability is VERY high on my list.
K Bo
AG
Not what I wanted to hear but I might still give them a go. Thanks for the review, MB!
Post removed:
by user
REMARCH11
AG
I'll give these a shot. Durability isn't the biggest concern for me, I tear every ball up I play, most Pro V1's only last about 3 holes for me (mainly tournament play). I switched to the Bridgestone B330 RX Tour a couple years back and they have performed exceptionally well, I can normally get a few extra holes out of them.

Normally for me, when I'm playing tournament golf I put a new in play about every 6 holes or less no matter of the condition .

What I want in a ball is green side feel and stopping power.
Pro V1 excellent spin con is extra spin off the tee
B330 Long off the tee with reduced spin con needs more spin on iron and chip shots.

Maybe this will be best of both worlds.
I'll post my thoughts after a couple of rounds.
TresPuertas
AG
Just bumping this up to see of anyone has had a chance to play them.
mt3950
AG
This is my exact problem as well. The srixon z-star xv is the best performing ball with the most resilient skin I've found.
jackie childs
quote:
Normally for me, when I'm playing tournament golf I put a new in play about every 6 holes or less no matter of the condition .

I typically have to replace balls more often than that, but probably not for the same reasons
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:

I typically have to replace balls more often than that, but probably not for the same reasons
slight difference in tearing up the cover with the wedge vs tearing up the cover with the forest.
TresPuertas
AG
Just checking in to see if anyone has tried these yet and have a report on them? Still waiting for reviews before I pull the trigger.
Mr.Bond
AG
Left mine a few weeks back
Tursiops93
AG
One of my buddies picked these up and gave me one to try last week. The feel reminded me of a Pro V1. Good distance with good spin and felt soft on the putter. It did seem to scuff a bit easier than most high performance balls. Only played a couple holes with it, but for the price seemed ok.

He said you have to order online and if you bought 5 dz they are $24 a dz.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.