Sam Bennett

3,891 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tony Franklins Other Shoe
bero88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Bennett is a sophomore at Madisonville. He plays basketball and I got to talk to him the other day. He said he was committing to the Aggies in a couple of weeks. He is a great kid and even better golfer. Can't wait to see what he can do in Aggieland.
JYDog90
AG
I think I played HS golf against his dad, Mark Bennett. He was a good player. I remember my sophomore year, he had a broken leg and played with a cast on his entire left leg.
bero88
quote:
I think I played HS golf against his dad, Mark Bennett. He was a good player. I remember my sophomore year, he had a broken leg and played with a cast on his entire left leg.
Yes, I have never met his dad, but from what I have heard he can play too.
mbennett89
This is Mark Bennett. I grew up in Madisonville, Texas and played a lot of high school and junior golf. I tore my anterior cruciate ligament my junior year in high school. I had surgery and had a cast on my left leg for 8 weeks. I played in a high school golf tourney and walked 18 holes on crutches. My cousin Bill was allowed to caddy for me......Where are you from? I would like to learn more about what you remember in high school golf. Hope to hear from you. Thanks

Mark Bennett
JYDog90
AG
from Caldwell.

Edited my name out, don't want you freaks looking me up!
AgEng06
AG
Well, whaddya know? I happened to be lurking around here today and came across this thread, and it's bordering on a family reunion...

Sam is my (2nd) cousin and from what I've heard is tearing it up in both golf and basketball right now. I was really happy to hear he's going to be an Aggie.

And Hi, Mark...
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Well, whaddya know? I happened to be lurking around here today and came across this thread, and it's bordering on a family reunion...

Sam is my (2nd) cousin and from what I've heard is tearing it up in both golf and basketball right now. I was really happy to hear he's going to be an Aggie.

And Hi, Mark...
That's Uncle Mark to you!!
AgEng06
AG
Haha. Technically he's married to my 1st cousin once removed... at least I think that's right.
mbennett89
And who might you be?
AgEng06
AG
Hmm, I'm trying to think of the best clue to give you without posting my name (I don't want all these yahoos knowing that).

I mentioned this thread to my mom on the phone earlier, so if you stopped by the bank today and talked to her I'm sure she'd bring it up...

Ag_07
AG
Another successful TexAgs hookup

But seriously this thread is pretty weird.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Another successful TexAgs hookup

But seriously this thread is pretty weird.
Ha, sorry about that. I didn't intend to hijack the thread.

Feel free to get back to discussing Sam and his future at A&M.
RLee
AG
His Dad is a sand-bagging hustler....Showed up at Traditions with about a 7 handicap. Limped his way around to a 73 and took all of our money!
RLee
RLee
AG
JYDog90
AG
quote:
His Dad is a sand-bagging hustler....Showed up at Traditions with about a 7 handicap. Limped his way around to a 73 and took all of our money!

Hmmm, now RLee on the other hand...All that guy does is play golf! Hey, your boy class of 16 or 17 in HS?
mbennett89
I am a dumb aggie and am unable to figure out who you are. What bank should I visit?
mbennett89
I figured it out. How about Burt?.......a
mbennett89
How is your sister the hair dresser? Does she still go by boo boo?
AgEng06
AG
quote:
How is your sister the hair dresser? Does she still go by boo boo?
Haha, she actually works on campus at A&M now; but yes, her nickname is still used.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
I tore my anterior cruciate ligament my junior year in high school. I had surgery and had a cast on my left leg for 8 weeks. I played in a high school golf tourney and walked 18 holes on crutches. My cousin Bill was allowed to caddy for me

Mark Bennett
I don't know any of you, but I can say, you sir, are a freaking bad ass!!!

Tiger ain't got nothing on you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.