FW Golf

1,964 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ragoo
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a nice public course in the box defined by 30 to the south, 35W to the west, DFW to the east and south of grapevine area.

this general area
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.8557062,-97.1117106,12.25z
nickaggie13
AG
Here are some courses in that area:

Sky Creek Ranch - Expensive, but awesome course
Waterchase - Only played there once but I enjoyed it and found it to be a challenging course.
Bear Creek - Haven't played in quite a few years but it was always in decent shape.
Iron Horse - Fun course for a decent price.
Fossil Creek - My home course in high school, great course but overpriced in my opinion.
Texas Star - Expensive, One of my favorite courses I've ever played

agsalaska
AG
Water chase is IMO by far the best course in that area.
Elmo Lincoln
AG
Waterchase and Texas Star are going to be the clear winners IMO.
LeFraud
I like the layout at Riverside, but it can be sketchy at times.

If you go a little further south, Tierra Verde, Mansfield National and Tangleridge are options.
Zjones920
It's a little further away but I enjoy Wildhorse up in north FW/Denton.. It's a fun lay out and when all of the trees finally grow up it will be a very challenging course. If the wind is up at all right now without the trees being grown its tough.
grego
AG
Agreed - Waterchase and TX star by a mile. Sky Creek being the closest to them. Only other Tarrant County muni I would put in that category is Tierra Verde, but it is out of your stated area.
JR Ewingford
Waterchase is great course but little else. I take that back, they have a Titleist fitting center there. Texas Star is good as well but don't especially like the new greens there. They do have excellent food and top notch instructors at Sinclair's. Been awhile since Ive been to Skycreek but worth checking out. Tierra is out of your range but well worth the play. Hot chicks too.
DallasAggie89
AG
Played Texas Star yesterday - it was in fantastic shape for this time of year.
DeBoss
AG
Waterchase is awesome but most expensive, love Texas Star, and Sky Creek has some awesome rates. Those are my top 3 in the area. Riverside is great too but it always pisses me off.
hoya-ag
AG
Grapevine Muni used to always be a fun track to play, but I haven't played there in a few years.
jcbaggie04
AG
Sky Creek is a great course. I live right by it and its usually in great shape. Another great course that is a bit north of your area is Bridlewood. Both tour18 and bridlewood are just north of grapevine lake. I have always come away impressed with bridlewood.
Ragoo
AG
played las colinas
agsalaska
AG
quote:
played las colinas
The TPC or Las Colinas CC?
LeFraud
Played Split Rail in Aledo this past weekend and former aggie women's golfer Ashley Knoll is an instructor out there.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:
played las colinas
The TPC or Las Colinas CC?
cc
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.