***2016 PGA Tour***

27,677 Views | 363 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LHIOB
Texas Ag 15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't seen a thread posted yet, so I thought I would get this going. Jordan is looking like he picked up right where he left off with a 9 under round yesterday. Course looks to be in beautiful shape.
Quinn
AG
Spieth is looking good. Let's get him and Rees paired up every tournament so they can practice for the Ryder Cup.
Texas Ag 15
AG
Wow jordan is just incredible.. Hit a 3 iron on 18 from 250 out to about 4ft. Almost holed for an albatross.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Glad that the fans still see the start of the season as the Hawaii tourneys.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Spieth is looking good. Let's get him and Rees paired up every tournament so they can practice for the Ryder Cup.

The R&A does this on the Euro Tour so it was good to see the PGA doing the same
HouAggie
AG
The R&A makes pairings on the Euro Tour?
jckrjr7
AG
I'll be tuning in tonight after the playoff game. What did I miss the first 3 days?
Texas Ag 15
AG
Jordan tore it up
Quinn
AG
I like this nighttime golf thing - they should play in Hawaii more often.
bagger05
AG
Bump for the Waste Management Phoenix Open

Mickelson in the lead, Fowler one stroke back. Palmer playing well but not great.

This is always a fun tournament.
AustinCountyAg
Bubba once again showed his ass already in Phoenix say he's only there because of his sponsors..... you would think he would at least lie and try not to look like a complete jackass
Squatch
AG
I want to like Bubba so bad, but he makes it very hard to do with some of the things he says and does.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Really? What an idiot thing if he said that. That guy is the most fabricated one out there.
Texas Ag 15
AG
Just think of playing in the pro am on this course and coming up to 16. That tee shot would be enough to make me wanna **** my pants
LHIOB
AG
I REALLY hope Bubba misses out on the Olympics. Rooting for him in the Ryder/Presidents Cup is enough for me.
AustinCountyAg
http://www.golfdigest.com/story/bubba-watson-says-hes-only-at-tpc-scottsdale-because-of-his-sponsors
Chipotlemonger
AG
What a chump
bagger05
AG
Ryan Palmer is in with a -1. About middle of the pack at this point. Not sure what conditions will be like for the afternoon wave.
TresPuertas
AG
How this guy still has fans is amazing to me
bagger05
AG
Matsuyama has taken the lead with a couple early birdies today.

Love watching him play. Fantastic swing.
Quinn
AG
Seems like Koepka is playing really well with his Nike equipment while ZJ is struggling with the switch to the PXG gear. Though of course some people say that the pros aren't actually switching equipment, but just slapping a new label on their old set of sticks.
TresPuertas
LHIOB
AG
There was a rumor that when Tiger switched from Titilest to Nike he told Nike to duplicate what he had. They couldn't so they bought some of the patents. Not sure if its true or not but I like to think it is.
TresPuertas
AG
quote:
Seems like Koepka is playing really well with his Nike equipment while ZJ is struggling with the switch to the PXG gear. Though of course some people say that the pros aren't actually switching equipment, but just slapping a new label on their old set of sticks.
It would be hard to do that with PXG. The stuff looks insane and is completely unique. You know if you are looking at PXG clubs.
Quinn
AG
That's kinda what I was thinking. ZJ is definitely using PXG clubs, though I think SecretTourPro was tweeting that he was still using some Vokey wedges.
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
i didnt see who it was but there was just an ace in tucson. riveting post, i know.

You talking about that robot?

Damn, wish you were talking about a real golfer.
Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG
http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2016/2/4/10916086/bubba-watson-waste-management-phoenix-open-comments

His actual comments. Reading the thread I assumed he was complaining about the fans or the city or something like that. But it sounds like he's just complaining about the redevelopment of the golf course I understand we all like to bag on bubba Watson. but I understand not wanting to screw up what you think is a good golf course
Chipotlemonger
AG
I understood it was rooted in his criticism of the golf course.

That does not give him a pass to say crap like that though.
Quinn
AG
Palmer had a nice shot at 16, but he couldn't quite knock in the birdie.

Phil and Folwer getting most of the coverage and both playing well.... Never mind, Phil just dumped one in the water.
Mr.Bond
AG
I love this tournament. 16 is like nothing else. I'm not sure any other tournament could replicate it
Chipotlemonger
AG
Agreed, it's a great one-of-a-kind place.
TresPuertas
AG
quote:
http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2016/2/4/10916086/bubba-watson-waste-management-phoenix-open-comments

His actual comments. Reading the thread I assumed he was complaining about the fans or the city or something like that. But it sounds like he's just complaining about the redevelopment of the golf course I understand we all like to bag on bubba Watson. but I understand not wanting to screw up what you think is a good golf course

Whatever his intentions were (I still contend he hates the tourney because of the crowd), he never should have opened his mouth.

It's hard to root for someone that plays golf for a living and *****es constantly about it.

The people who watch these things in person and on TV would probably give anything just to live a week in any PGA professional's shoes and doesn't really take kindly to hearing complaints about it

Just my $.02.
Mr.Bond
AG
I'm not a fan of Bubba for the record

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.