Bluejack preview!

19,666 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cheeky
MarkPro
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just saw a commercial for 'Playing lessons with the Pros' on the Golf Channels coverage of the Hawaii tourney. Mark O'Meara will be the pro, and he'll be doing it at Bluejack. We should get a pretty good look at the holes that are open.
mt3950
AG
When does it air?
turfaggie24
girlgolfer12
Looks like this Tuesday.
Ag_07
AG
And here you had me thinking it would be open to the public for a little while.

Thread title fail
C ROC N
I have a friend who is a head pro in the woodlands and he can't even get on out there so your best chance to play this course is to convince your millionaire buddy to bring you along when he tells them he is thinking about joining or building a house out there.
mt3950
AG
quote:
And here you had me thinking it would be open to the public for a little while.

Thread title fail
girlgolfer12
I was wrong. Today is the golf academy.
MarkPro
Show's on now. Looks like the old #3 green behind him.
girlgolfer12
Comes on again today at 12pm.
Baby Billy
AG
A&M golf team gets to qualify at Bluejack on Saturday for their upcoming tournament at Sawgrass
AustinCountyAg
Just saw on golf channel that Tiger was at the opening for the par 3 course there today. Also mentioned that their is a Nike Fitting Center there as well
jja79
AG
Membership director at Traditions is joining Bluejack in that same capacity.
Quinn
AG

Okay, so that's pretty damn cool.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
I have a friend who is a head pro in the woodlands and he can't even get on out there so your best chance to play this course is to convince your millionaire buddy to bring you along when he tells them he is thinking about joining or building a house out there.
I know someone who is going to play because he's looking at buying a home there ...

And there are actually four clubs in the Dallas area alone with a higher initiation fee ...
AustinCountyAg
It was reported on the news this morning that the initiation fee for guest not living there is $90,000. If you lived there it is only 60,000. They never mentioned what monthly dues were
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
It was reported on the news this morning that the initiation fee for guest not living there is $90,000. If you lived there it is only 60,000. They never mentioned what monthly dues were

Then there are 8-10 in Texas that are higher, a few twice as high. FWIW.
Quinn
AG

Any thoughts on this eventually becoming a reality? I would think its too far outside the city.
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
My first thought is that it's not too much farther than the Woodlands. But I also have no idea if proximity was one of the reasons it got moved to Redstone in the first place. Also, its only been the week before the Masters for a few years and I don't think there's any guarantee it will stay there. Still not sure if that position on the schedule helps or hurts the SHO as far as drawing better fields.

Our-turn-to-rule
AG
SHO is known for BIG (and paying) crowds. Doesn't feel like Blackjack (might as well call it Blaketree) has the ability for that but????maybe with road improvements and facilities
Ag_07
AG
quote:
SHO is known for BIG (and paying) crowds. Doesn't feel like Blackjack (might as well call it Blaketree) has the ability for that but????maybe with road improvements and facilities

No one pays to go out there. Me and everyone I've known that goes out there gets free corporate tickets. Hell there's a poster on hooking up tickets to whoever requests them.

With that said I don't think it's too far. It's no further than the Woodlands. Also I've heard rumblings that the new ownership of GC of H doesn't want the tournament anymore due to the cost of course upkeep that hosting the tournament demands.

The only downside I could see is that Bluejack looks VERY much like Augusta and it may be a turnoff to see the same thing 2 weeks in a row or may come off as a Tour 18 type gimmick to some. GC of H plays like Augusta, but doesn't look like a replica.
jja79
AG
Quinn
AG
Gotcha - I'm not from Houston, so I made my distance comment based on how far out of the city it looked on google maps.
jja79
AG
It's no farther than the Woodlands from where?

From Houston you can either go to 105 and go through all the lights and hit 2 lane 1486, go to 1488 and go through all those lights to 2 lane 1774 and then 1486 or go through Tomball to 1774 and then 1486.

It's about 30 miles NW of the Woodlands.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah you're right after looking on googlemaps. It's out there.
jarrod1208
quote:

Okay, so that's pretty damn cool.
No doubt that Tiger banged that kids mom afterwards.
Harry Stone
AG
something I could see happen in the future:

what if they actually decide to move the tourney here? could be called, 'Tiger's tournament,' just like Jack, Arnie, etc. I think it would be very good for Tiger, the Tour, and specifically Houston to denote this honored title to Tiger because it could draw major-like fields to play.
birdman
There is no rough at Bluejack. You're either on the fairway or the pine straw.

Yes, it's a complete knockoff of Augusta. They've never hidden from that either.
Ag_07
AG
Doesn't he already host the ATT Memorial of something that they call 'Tiger's Tournament'? Think that tournament benefits his foundation.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Doesn't he already host the ATT Memorial of something that they call 'Tiger's Tournament'? Think that tournament benefits his foundation.
pretty sure its an invitational and not a "true" tournament.
98Ag99Grad
AG
quote:
quote:
You're thinking of the Chevron World Challenge in December. The ATT is a real tourney and been at multiple sites like Congressional.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
You're thinking of the Chevron World Challenge in December. The ATT is a real tourney and been at multiple sites like Congressional.
damn dude hosts more tournaments than The Donald.
Ag_07
AG
It's now the Quicken Loans National (formerly ATT National) and yes this year it's at Congressional and does benefit the Tiger Woods Foundation.
cheeky
AG
Dare I say that Bluejack's vision does not include professional tournaments? And the energy sector weakness is putting a major hurt on their ambitions.
jja79
AG
It appears their business plan is to build out the development as the cash comes in. Probably a pretty precarious plan.

Wasn't Tiger involved in a project in North Carolina that went tits up during a previous economic downturn?

This will be his first course in the US because the other one never was finished.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.