Getting fitted in San Antonio

1,546 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by raidernarizona
raidernarizona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy, Edwin Watts and ****'s are my options. What's my best option? Is there something I'm missing? TIA!
wsjag
AG
Of the 4 I would do Golfsmith - I got fitted at a Golfsmith in Dallas when I got new irons several years ago and it was a positive experience. The EW, D, and GG stores are all dumpy and I would not recommend.

If you can get a lesson at your local course in SA and get fitted by a pro there that might be an option - for $35 (estimated assistant pro lesson cost) you can probably hit different options outside versus being stuck indoors hitting into a net. The Mac Wylie Golf Center - outdoor driving range and teaching clinic near I-10 and Fair Oaks is another option.

Good luck!

http://www.macwyliegolf.com/club-fitting/

raidernarizona
Thank you jag! I actually live closer to Kerrville. Mac Wylie isn't far, but I think I'll head to Golfsmith
KC_Ag14
AG
Not sure if you got fitted yet or not, but Mark & Kirk at MK Golf Technologies in SA are great. Very knowledgable and top notch fitting equipment!
Aggie369
AG
I second MK Golf...better technology and knowledge there in my opinion
raidernarizona
Thanks guys! I appreciate the info. And for the others interested...

I already got "fitted" for and purchased my irons at Golfsmith. I've been real happy with the irons, but I use the term fitted very loosely. First time to be fitted, but it entailed me hitting some G30's, XR's and the Aeroburners. I hit the TM's really well and so that's what I got fitted for.

Not a single measurement was taken and I was hitting the 3 rescue all over the monitor. It was only towards the end of our session that I suggested to the fitter that I hit S flex, since that's what I use in my woods. I only hit the 3 in this flex but hit it beautifully. Not sure if this is the norm, but that's how my fitting went.

Don't get me wrong, the guy was very nice and easy to work with, and as a newb I could've been better prepared with the "right questions" to ask, but I did walk away hoping that I hadn't just dropped $600 on the wrong clubs.
raidernarizona
tl;dr - i will likely check out MK for my driver fitting
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.