2016 - TexAgs Fantasy Golf League

5,945 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jj9000
jj9000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
End of Season Results Edit 10/5/16:

Congratulations to "Big Baller" for winning on the last putt...of the last tournament...of the season.

After (9) months...the winners are as follows:

• 1st Place - Big Baller - 5,467 Points
  • 2nd Place - jj9000 - 5,458 Points
  • 3rd Place - 250 7 iron - 5,355 Points

Big Baller and 250 7 iron...Please send me a PM with your PayPal addresses and I'll distribute the winnings.

The total number of 'Buy-In' members are on the splash page of the league.

Distributions will be as follows:

Big Baller = 50% of the Total
jj9000 = 35% of the Total
250 7 iron = 15% of the Total

Thanks to all for another fun season!!

JJ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK Ladies and Gents, we're getting ready to kick off the 2016 season.

There is no participation fee for this league, as it's completely free for those that wish to participate.

However, the majority of participants in this league will be 'Buying-In' for a $50 entry fee.

This is the league information you'll need to join:

So, here are the Rules for those who want to get into the $50 Buy-In 'action':

1. I've created a PayPal account to accept and hold the funds

2. Please send $50 as a "GIFT - Friends and Family" to

3. Please include your TexAgs username along with your Fantasy Team Name within the PayPal Notes section so I can cross-reference the TexAgs user with the Fantasy Team Name.

4. The deadline to participate in the $50 Buy-I
n is Wednesday, 1/6 at 11:59 PM CST (however, nobody is going to win or lose the season during week 1...so, if you sign up and pay after 1/6 you'll be fine...also, related to this, please see #7 below relative to Mulligan Scoring).

5. The winners will be based on the overall point total at the END OF THE SEASON (this is NOT determined by each Spring, Summer, and Fall) section winner.

6. At the end of the season I will distribute the funds to the overall point total winners from the pool of the $50 Buy-In entrants as follows:

1st Place = 50% of Total Pool
2nd Place = 35% of Total Pool
3rd Place = 15% of Total Pool

7. I've elected to use the 'Mulligan' scoring system this year:

• The commish has enabled the Mulligan scoring option for this league.
  • In each segment, the week with the lowest score will be dropped from your point total.

8. Please review the articles within the following link which will answer most questions relative to playing:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-golf

Good Luck to you...and don't forget to set your lineups each week!!
Ag_07
AG
Cool. I may hop in on this

But what website is the league set up on?
jj9000
AG
quote:
Cool. I may hop in on this

But what website is the league set up on?
I've edited the OP to include the Yahoo URL.

Thanks for the reminder.
AggieT
AG
Awesome! Thanks for setting this up again.

I highly encourage anyone on the fence to give it a try. I've really enjoyed the past few years.

Front Nine Bloody Mary has now joined the league.
Mr.Bond
Cris_Dishman
Looks fun, I'm in
Brenner
AG
Dang, short notice this year. The Koepka Conspiracy is joining now.
LHIOB
AG
Just signed up. For a newbie, whats the purpose of the bench? If only your 4 starting golfers are scored why have 8?

TIA
Brenner
AG
You can rotate your bench in every day. If a player sits on your bench all 4 days, it does not count against the number of starts.

A player can only be used 10 times per year. If any player is used at any point in the weekend, it counts against that number of starts left.

Edit: "10 times per year" means 10 different weekends. If the player plays all 4 days, it counts as a single play. Does this make sense?
jj9000
AG
quote:
Just signed up. For a newbie, whats the purpose of the bench? If only your 4 starting golfers are scored why have 8?

TIA

I'll link the 'Help' URL to the Commissioner's Notes:

quote:
Active foursome in Fantasy Golf

This article explains what an active foursome is.

Before each tournament round, you must select a starting foursome via your Team page. This active group must include one golfer from the A List, two from the B List, and one from the C List.

To activate a golfer, swap him into the "My Foursome" section at the top of your roster and then click Submit.

A message appears below your roster of players if you don't have the required number of golfers active in one or more groups.

Non-activated (bench) golfers on your roster don't score points for your team, but can be activated for future rounds during the tournament. If you change a golfer's status, you must click Submit, or your moves aren't saved.

If you want to use the same active golfers for each round of a tournament, no action is required on your part after you initially activate the golfers.

Your lineup carries forward unchanged through each round of the tournament if you don't make any changes.

quote:
Scoring in Fantasy Golf
This article explains how scoring is determined for each round of a Fantasy Golf tournament.

A golfer can receive a maximum of 20 fantasy points in each round of a tournament. The golfer with the lowest real-life score in a round receives 20 points. Other golfers receive two fewer points for every stroke that they finish behind the leader -- i.e., a golfer one stroke back for the round receives 18 points; a golfer two strokes back gets 16. Golfers 10 or more strokes back receive zero points.

Example: If the leader of round 3 shoots a 67 and your golfer shoots a 72, you would get 10 points because your golfer is five strokes behind the leader of that particular round.
Keep in mind that the points are awarded based on the number of shots behind the leader of eachround, and not the overall tournament leader.

You receive the total points earned by all active golfers on your team over all four rounds.
If a tournament round is officially canceled, no team will receive any points for that round. All other scoring rules stay the same. If a round is delayed or postponed, no points will be awarded until it is completed.

jj9000
AG
OP updated with Yahoo Fantasy Golf Help Link.

The link is very helpful and will assist in answering questions relative to playing.

Also, if you guys have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask them here, and we'll be glad to assist.
The D
AG
Yes for the mulligan scoring , that makes it much much better. I'll definitely be in
The D
AG
In and paid. Thanks for setting up
AggieT
AG
Paid. Let me know if you don't see it.
jj9000
AG

Mr.Bond
AG
JJ I'll pay tomorrow
jj9000
AG
quote:
JJ I'll pay tomorrow
Thanks man.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I should sign up tonite and make the payment. Really helps put some interest in each tournament in a fun way. Also makes you agitated when guys don't grind for the cut on Friday. I'm still mad at Sabbatini and a few others on my Sheeit list.
AG
And just in case you guys are new and wondering about the buy-in, I placed last year and JJ had the money transferred to me within a day or two after the season finished. He was very prompt and communicated well. It's going to be a pleasure to beat him again.

Now I jinxed myself for this year.
jj9000
AG
quote:
I should sign up tonite and make the payment. Really helps put some interest in each tournament in a fun way. Also makes you agitated when guys don't grind for the cut on Friday. I'm still mad at Sabbatini and a few others on my Sheeit list.

Or, when 4 players on your bench each shoot -8 in the first round...all of your starters shoot Even par in the first round...you switch to your lineup to all 4 bench players..and they tank in second round.
jj9000
AG
quote:
It's going to be a pleasure to beat him again.

Bookmarked.
ORAggieFan
Definitely want in this year. Just saw this and traveling for work so hopefully I have time to setup before tomorrow.
Brenner
AG
After everyone pays up and play starts, can you make the commissioners note the list of payers? Easier to know who I should be cursing at.
jj9000
AG
quote:
After everyone pays up and play starts, can you make the commissioners note the list of payers? Easier to know who I should be cursing at.
Yes.
girlgolfer12
Paid!
AG
quote:
quote:
It's going to be a pleasure to beat him again.

Bookmarked.
I like your idea of a thread here, the message info on yahoo wasn't any good. It will be fun to lament our poor choices after a tournament like you said, seems there were a number of those last year that were so damn frustrating and I'm sure there will be plenty this year.
jj9000
AG
quote:
Paid!
Funniest Team Name on record.
Mr.Bond
AG
jj i just sent the money and forgot to include my user name
jj9000
AG
quote:
jj i just sent the money and forgot to include my user name
It starts with "Only"...doesn't it?
Mr.Bond
AG
Lmao bite me.........Mr.Shankapotomus
LHIOB
AG
Sportz is all paid up
AG
handful of nothing is back and will hit the paypal later jj or I can send you rolls of nickels if you want that.
jj9000
AG
quote:
handful of nothing is back and will hit the paypal later jj or I can send you rolls of nickels if you want that.
Thanks...PayPal is preferred...besides, how are you going to get those nickels inside your computer's mailbox?
girlgolfer12
My ex-boyfriend got me PINK golf balls to match my shoes and a lot of my clothes. I told him "Never buy me colored golf balls! Ever! I like my balls like I like my men...white."
AG
quote:
quote:
Thanks...PayPal is preferred...besides, how are you going to get those nickels inside your computer's mailbox?
Duh, one at a time.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.