Telle about Miramont

2,072 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hot dog
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Home club undergoing a course reconstruction and Miramont is one of the reciprocals. I've driven by but don't know anything about the course.
HouAggie
AG
Layout is nothing special, but it's been in great shape the few times I've played it. Not the most challenging course if the rough isn't thick. Clubhouse is nice and they treat you well, as expected.
agfan2013
AG
Very nice facilities including locker room, driving range, etc. Course does a decent job with its layout considering its mostly flat land, they manage to work a few elevation changes in. I have never seen its condition in anything but perfect shape. Best part: its always wide open, in the times i've played it i dont know if I've seen more than two other groups on the whole course when we were playing.
jja79
AG
That's what I've gotten spoiled by - being able to show up Saturday morning, warm up and go off and not have to wait, tee time or not.
Ag81Golf
Played there in August a couple of years ago. The rough was brutal! Greens and fairways were in fantastic condition.

Clubhouse is phenomenal! Men's locker room felt like a hunting lodge with the leather chairs, sofas and exotic mounts.

I prefer the layout and elevation changes at Traditions but do not turn down a chance to play Miramont if you get the chance.
AustinCountyAg
is the pro shop open to the public?
jja79
AG
I'm also a non-resident member at Traditions, but do plan to play MIramont a couple of times while we have reciprocal privileges there.

AustinAg I don't know of any private club that has a pro shop open to the public.
golfer32
AG
Any members wanna take a couple new army out to play it?
hot dog
AG
quote:
Any members wanna take a couple new army out to play it?

Assuming you're a current student, your best shot at playing is to probably get a job as a cart boy out there. If they haven't changed playing privileges again, you can walk it every Monday. It's a pretty easy gig too, the course is basically always empty and most of the members are friendly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.