High Meadow Ranch

1,538 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by cjsag94
jonj101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just wanted to share my recent experience with this course. It is definitely worth the drive imo. Of course if you live in the Magnolia/Deep Northwest Houston area it isn't a big deal. But I drove form the Pearland area to play it and have no qualms about the hour or so it took to get there.

I found the course unique compared to other Houston area courses, in a variety of ways. First of all, its not a front 9 and back 9, but the course is divided into 3 six hole loops. Also, in addition to having a variety of tee boxes like other courses, the scorecard notes a split tee option in case one set of tees seems too long or too short.

I wouldn't say that the greens are lightning fast, but they gave a fair consistent roll and were in great condition. Plus there were subtle elevation variances throughout the courses that added to it. The holes had a good variety to them (imo), so I didnt get bored or the round didnt seem monotonous. Also, although there are houses on the course, they are set back from the fairway so its not very likely you'll be donating a lot of balls to backyards.

All in all I enjoyed my round there. I wish I would have shot better, but that's golf. If anyone else has played there, feel free to offer your perspective.
Icecream_Ag
S
love that course.

played it a few times in company tournaments and always in good shape with consistent greens.
Bassmaster
AG
My boss is a member out there so we play it several times a year. I really enjoy it as well.
K Bo
AG
I always enjoy playing out there and it's definitely worth the drive. I usually play Memorial and HMR is a go-to if I'm mixing it up.
Poot
HM is definitely in the rotation. Awesome layout with a lot of character. It doesn't give up many great scores but it's quite fair. The terrain and elevation changes are different from most other courses remotely close to Houston.

As was said earlier... THAT'S how you do subdivision golf. The homes are set WAY back from the golf course.

With the Tomball parkway being complete, it's a much more do-able drive from Houston than it used to be as well.
DoubleOught-BMA
AG
I played it back in '05 for the first time... loved the area so much we bought a lot. Built our house on the course in '07 and have loved loving there since. I still enjoy playing it and it's always in good condition. Plus... the burgers and onion rings are phenomenal at the grill!!!
cjsag94
AG
Played there today, as I do many Thursday afternoons. Cub championship is this weekend...course is in phenomenal shape right now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.