Not loving my new irons

2,643 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 98Ag99Grad
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know, first world problems right? Bought some MP-25's last month. Played a couple of rounds and several range sessions but they just don't feel like the old Mizunos did. they're using boron for the face and while I find it more forgiving, just doesn't have the soft feel of the old stainless. Might be unloading them before too long if anyone needs new clubs for Christmas.
jj9000
AG
Shafts?
98Ag99Grad
AG
PX 6.0. Used 5.5 in old clubs and switched to bring the ball flight down. Was fitted by a Mizzy rep at a demo day with launch monitor FWIW.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
Shafts?
This would be my first guess.

I dont care for the feel of PX shafts, they are a little harsh to me.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Never had any issues with the 5.5. In testing the kbs felt harsh to me.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
What is your club head speed? You could've lost the feel in that stiffer shaft.
Nom de Plume
AG
I like KBS Tour C-taper much better than PX6.0. I thought the PX had very little feel, in comparison.
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
Not saying this is the case with you, but it could just be your mind getting used to swinging different sticks after being very comfortable with what you had. I went through a pretty rough transition when I finally hung up the old DCI 981s in favor of the 712 AP-2s. Even though I hit them good at the fitter, it took me quite a few actual rounds before I got the feel down. And those were some rough rounds - I mean like pull-hooking 9-irons 30 yards into the middle of the lake rough. Same shaft on both sets, so that wasn't the issue. Pretty sure it was all mental.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I get what you're saying, but there is a definite feel difference when the ball comes off the face. I've played (3) different Mizuno sets in the past and these are harsher feeling than all of those. Doing some reading on golfwrx, looks like I'm not the only one saying this.
AV8ORAG84
AG
I have mp 15 and love them
C ROC N
Might be interested in the project x 6.0 shafts if you decide to go with another brand with more feel. Just let me know.
OKC2003
quote:
quote:
Shafts?
This would be my first guess.

I dont care for the feel of PX shafts, they are a little harsh to me.
This is what I was thinking.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'm putting these up for sale. Pics soon. 5-pw like new.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.