Ian Poulter and Rich Beem

2,407 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Deluxe
txags11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So Ian Poulter has to play in 13 European events to maintain his eligibility to play in the Ryder Cup..Well he just fell out of the top 50 and he was planning on playing the HSBC Champions tournament and that's only the top 50 event. Needing another event he had to get into the Hong Kong Open and Rich Beem gave up his invitational spot so Poulter could play in it...I'm sure Davis Love III will really appreciate that next year at Hazletine..

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/thanks-to-rich-beem-ian-poulter-will-be-eligible-for-next-years-ryder-cup
jj9000
AG
I'd love to see Poulter square off with Patrick Reed in the Ryder Cup.
LeFraud
Funny thing is, Rich Beem won his lone major but where else?

Hazeltine...
Chipotlemonger
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Played in a Pro Am with Rich Beem. Great dude. If the American team can't beat a ****ing spare like Poulter, we have no business winning the Ryder Cup anyway.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
If the American team can't beat a ****ing spare like Poulter, we have no business winning the Ryder Cup anyway.

Poulter plays out of his mind in the Ryder Cup. Isn't he one of the most successful Ryder Cup players in history?

I wouldn't go off just nonchalantly calling him a scrub. Dude can play some Ryder Cup.
DannyDuberstein
AG
His career is on a downward trajectory. If they can't beat him next year, they suck. A big reason his ryder cup record is that good is because we've sent some gagging spares ourselves. That mental midget Sergio Garcia has a great record too. I think both of these guys records say a lot more about the craptastic American performance than the quality of their golf.
ORAggieFan
Aren't they considering changes to this rule. Believe Rory has been outspoken against it and likely will lead to it changing.
92TXAG
AG
that's one classy move by Beem...hopefully Poulter makes the European team
(there's tremendous psychological size in what Beem just did)

want the 'mericans to win the Ryder Cup in a bad way and hopefully the Europeans field their most talented team to date when we do so
KatyAg01
AG
I can't help but think that Rich Beem is in line to receive a substantial Christmas gift courtesy of one Ian Poulter for this move.
AgPrognosticator
AG
quote:
I can't help but think that Rich Beem is in line to receive a substantial Christmas gift courtesy of one Ian Poulter for this move.
My thoughts exactly. I wonder what the "compensation" will be.
boxcar
AG
Rich Beem is a good ole Texas boy, not big headed at all, not surprised he did this. Only issue I have is he is a t shirt sip, grew up in El Paso lives @ Lakeway, went to New Mexico Univ (I think) BUT wears TU stuff at times!
Ags #1
AG
So he is a tshirt sip
aggiedent
AG
quote:
I think both of these guys records say a lot more about the craptastic American performance than the quality of their golf.

Have you even watched Poulter play in the Ryder Cup over the years? The man seems to hit about 90% of the greens in regulation and becomes the best putter on the planet. He plays so out of his head, he could beat Hogan, Palmer, or Nicklaus.
El Mero Guero
quote:
So he is a tshirt sip
Hate him more than Poulter now.
Deluxe
AG
Poulter's Saturday performance at the 2012 Ryder Cup might go down as one of the best in Ryder Cup history.

He and Rose beat Watson/Simpson 1-up in morning foursomes. On the first tee, he amped up the crowd before he hit and got in Bubba's head a little bit.

Then he and Rory faced off against ZJ/Dufner in the last afternoon four ball match. USA entered the afternoon with an 8-4 lead and Bubba/Webb dominated their match quickly to extend the lead to 9-4. Then DJ/Kuchar won on 18 and for a few minutes, USA had a 10-4 lead with two matches hanging in the balance. At that point, USA just needed another half a point and the matches would essentially be over.

Tiger almost single-handedly led he and Stricker back from a 4-down deficit (birdied 13, 14, 16 and 17) but Stricker missed a 6-footer on 18 and it was 10-5.

Then in the final match, ZJ/Dufner had a 2-up lead on Poulter/Rory on the 13th tee (a 240 yard par 3). Rory stuck one to 12 feet and made the putt. Then Poulter birdied the last five holes on his own ball to give Europe a 1-up win in the match, cut the USA lead to 10-6 going into Sunday and gave his team some momentum (which they obviously used to their advantage). The birdie putt he made on 16 was legendary.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Then he drives the ball up against the lip of a fairway bunker. just beat this clown.
Deluxe
AG
The funny thing is that Rose knocked it to six feet from there and Poulter made the putt plus a fist pump and loud "come on".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.