PSA to mid and high handicappers

5,202 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 93MarineHorn
nickel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
@jonj101 Pull the trigger (PGA Tour Superstore online)

jj9000
AG
How is the distance control with the Ketsch Heavy?

It rolls nice on the PGA SS artificial turf...probably b/c the 3* loft paired with the foegiving head...but wondering about the heavy head on long putts and real grass?
bagger05
AG
It was good for me in my round. I feel like the heavy head helped me have a more consistent stroke and that outweighed the reduced feel.
El Mero Guero
Maybe I am just cheap, but I am still of the belief that anyone can get used to any putter. Flame away.
AgPrognosticator
AG
quote:
Maybe I am just cheap, but I am still of the belief that anyone can get used to any putter. Flame away.
You can definitely get used to any putter, but certain putters may fit different strokes better. Perfect example is Jason Day. He's one of the only elite guys I've ever seen using that big mallet Taylormade on a long term basis, but it clearly fits his stroke and he likes the feel.

I don't think Tiger or Rory would putt worth a crap with one of those, (by their standards of course).
93MarineHorn
It's funny. I've spent more money on putters over the last five years than I care to admit. I even shelled out for a custom Edel putter a few years ago. None of them held a candle to what I could do with a 2nd hand TM "White Smoke" w/ a FATSO Grip that I found at Golfsmith for $50. That grip made all the difference and would highly recommend it to anyone who gets "wristy".
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.