New Titleist clubs

4,592 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by agracer
Brick Tamland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know pictures of them have been leaked and posted here, but here are the new irons and hybrid.

Brick Tamland
Interested to see the 714 price drops
jj9000
AG
43* PW

Expect the 716 AP1s to be crazy long.

Edit...as far as looks go, I think the 714 AP2s look much better than the 716 AP2s. The new AP2s remind me of the Callaway Diablo Edge irons from years ago:

agracer
AG
I was hoping my game would improve enough this summer to pick up some AP2's next spring....the last 6-weeks I've actually gotten worse. Everything goes right (not slice, just right) and I can't get off the tee to save my life..... . Putting sucks too.....
Yesterday
AG
As a big AP2 fan, I hate the 716's. I've loved the look of the 710-714's
Brick Tamland
quote:
I was hoping my game would improve enough this summer to pick up some AP2's next spring....the last 6-weeks I've actually gotten worse. Everything goes right (not slice, just right) and I can't get off the tee to save my life..... . Putting sucks too.....

Just tell yourself that the clubs will make you better and get them anyways.
shotcaller1
AG
quote:
quote:

Just tell yourself that the clubs will make you better and get them anyways.
nickel
I was fitted 3-4 years ago and they put me on some AP1's (712). I've really liked them. Went for a fitting over the weekend thinking I might get a deal some 714 AP1's with the new stuff getting ready to come out.

To my surprise, I have some Callaway XRs ordered. I was more consistent and nearly a club longer with those compared to the current AP1, TMAG RSi, Ping G30, and some Mizuno cavity back. I've never liked anything Callaway, but these felt too good not to pull the trigger.
khaos288
AG
If someone wants to send me a 3h I'll send you my address. Those bad boys are sweet.
Brick Tamland
I really like the look of the 716s but as of right now I cannot find anywhere to customize my order to get 6-9 or PW. The 714s I can for $100 a club, but if I get those I would rather get them after the price drop.
jj9000
AG
quote:
I really like the look of the 716s but as of right now I cannot find anywhere to customize my order to get 6-9 or PW. The 714s I can for $100 a club, but if I get those I would rather get them after the price drop.
www.discountdans.com
BigHitterDaLama
quote:
Im right there with ya. I like the way the MBs and MCs look but the AP2s look awful. 710/712 had the best look
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
BigHitterDaLama
The graphic on that Diablo iron looks like an arm tat some Dewsher would have.

Awful. Those are just awful.
agracer
AG
quote:
I was fitted 3-4 years ago and they put me on some AP1's (712). I've really liked them. Went for a fitting over the weekend thinking I might get a deal some 714 AP1's with the new stuff getting ready to come out.

To my surprise, I have some Callaway XRs ordered. I was more consistent and nearly a club longer with those compared to the current AP1, TMAG RSi, Ping G30, and some Mizuno cavity back. I've never liked anything Callaway, but these felt too good not to pull the trigger.
what are you doing with your AP1's ???
khaos288
AG
quote:
quote:

got some 710 ap2s I don't use
Obi Wan Ginobili
quote:
quote:
quote:

how much?
khaos288
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

how much?

They're older but have project x shafts. 225?
Obi Wan Ginobili
Can you send me some pics? We can discuss more via email.

owgtexags@gmail.com
agracer
AG
quote:
Can you send me some pics? We can discuss more via email.

owgtexags@gmail.com
hey...he asked me first!

username at excite dot com
Obi Wan Ginobili
Ha! You snooze, you lose.
Brick Tamland
Did anyone get fit for these, or just order them? They will be delivered tomorrow for those that ordered, and they'll be in golf shops tomorrow as well.
C ROC N
Anyone have a set of 712 ap2 they would let go?
shotcaller1
AG
Took the release of the 716's to pick up some 714's on the cheap!
Brick Tamland
quote:

This is my plan
El Mero Guero
quote:

No BS, my game got a lot better once I went from Ping g10's to Mizuno MP-64's. Went against everything I had ever heard but I guess it forced me to focus more on good contact. It was a quick improvement though and I think a large part of it is that I favor a thinner club head at address.
agracer
AG
quote:
Where and how cheap?
Oknows
AG
Love my 714s. Still adjusting to the new shafts I was fit for, but the look and feel of the clubs compared to any other GI I've played in the past are far superior.
fordag4
AG
The new TMB's are oustanding. Wont have the nice soft feel of a lot of stuff but very easy to hit.
TresPuertas
AG
has anyone seen any significant price drops in the 714. I e-mailed discount Dan's regarding the prices of both and as of right now, the difference is only about $70
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
Everything goes right (not slice, just right)

I would invest in a few lessons where the teaching pro has a good video setup. On longer clubs, I have a slight fade because I leave the clubface a little open at impact but have a pretty good inside-out swing path. The pro has a similar but slightly better swingpath than I do (I'm about 5-6 degrees and he will be 3-4) and squares the clubface at impact, creating a slight (or maybe not so slight) draw.

You may be going inside-out a little too much. Video will tell.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Not yet. The full set of irons for the AP2 716 is $1199 I believe at Golfsmith; same set-up for the 714 was $999. Was hoping to see them closer to $799 or so.
TresPuertas
AG
quote:
Not yet. The full set of irons for the AP2 716 is $1199 I believe at Golfsmith; same set-up for the 714 was $999. Was hoping to see them closer to $799 or so.

I finally found a discounted set of 714's at the PGA superstore of all places. Steel shaft AP1 and 2's for $799
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:

I finally found a discounted set of 714's at the PGA superstore of all places. Steel shaft AP1 and 2's for $799
$699 for AP1's with R-flex graphite shafts at PGA Superstore online.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.