Austin City Golf Membership?

1,121 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by CapCity12thMan
resmith09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody have a membership for the city of Austin courses? The prices seem pretty good for a beginner golfer who can't afford a nicer club membership (i.e. myself) but also comes with access to Grey Rock with one level of their memberships. Just wanted to know if anyone thinks it's worth it, I've only played a few of the city courses so far.

Membership:
$1250 Initiation
$210/month
Waived green fees at all muni courses including Grey Rock, "anytime" (one flyer I saw said weekdays, though)
Unlimited range balls at grey rock
locker storage, tournaments, yada yada
2DollarYo
AG
For 200/mo you could have unlimited at ShadowGlen in Manor and I don't think they have an initiation.

it seems like a good deal for the City courses but I would just think that you'd need to play before 9am to not have to deal with the waiting at all the city courses.

If you don't have a 9:00am tee time at Lions you're facing a long long wait.

But if you're not limited on the number of rounds allowed it may be worth it just to play Grey Rock.

Let us know!

2DollarYo
AG
Also. For the first year it comes out to $314/mo factoring in the initiation.

If a round is $60 you need to play 5.2 rounds per month to break even....definitely doable depending on work schedule.

If you're focusing on practicing with range then there are cheaper options out there.

Personally if my golf budget was $314/month I would just practice at the range, play a cheap muni round here and there and drive to San Antonio to play La Cantera once a month.....or even play Avery Ranch a few times a month here in Austin.
resmith09
AG
Well for non-members on the weekends it's $80, so that's even fewer rounds to break even. It's also the closest course to my house, and I've dedicated myself to playing at least once a week and going to the range 1-2x/week in an effort to get better, so I think I could get my moneys worth. I could use a good practice facility, nut since it opens up the entire city of Austin courses I figured it might be worth it (as opposed to just Shadowglen, which would be great but the wrong side of town for me).
CapCity12thMan
AG
I've never been a fan of those "deals", and putting a price tag on austin courses in the thousand dollar range seems outrageous.

You need to play a lot of golf to make it worth it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.