Katy- falcon point

4,392 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by hehateme2285
jakeaggie84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any members? I'm looking into joining during the young executive deal they have going on.
bobfrommichigan
AG
I recently joined and I'm really enjoying it so far. I've found the YEX deal to be a pretty good one and last month they did a membership that included carts which is an outstanding deal. Its a unique course and really challenging. I try to get out on the course 3 days a week and generally don't have any trouble after work.
HouAggie
AG
Been a member at FP since 2012. Course layout can be an acquired taste for some, but usually in great shape and a really good group of guys out there.
Chip Douglas
What are the initiation and dues for the young exec membership? Been thinking about getting on out there myself.
jakeaggie84
AG
The deal they currently have is $299 a month plus a $500 initiation fee. But you can split the $500 with a "friend" if they join, so $250 each. Want to meet out their for a test round with the other guys? Also includes carts which is pretty sweet. And all the other club corp clubs. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think traditions in bryan is an affiliated partner. I'm currently a member at pecan grove in richmond, but this is closer and I think club corp is better than the palmer management. At least more course options.

Let me know if yall want to set up a tee time to play in the next week or two.
jakeaggie84
AG
I think it is only 299 for the first year, then back up to 349 after that.
HouAggie
AG
quote:
And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think traditions in bryan is an affiliated partner.
You are correct. Played it just last month for a cart fee.
PedroJack07
AG
bumping this...

looking at Falcon Point myself, just seeing if anyone else wants to offer some insight

Jake if you see this-- did you end up joining?
AggieC07
AG
Aren't they one of the few courses with bentgrass greens?
19AG84
AG
When I lived in Cinco Ranch, I belonged to Falcon Points. Best course in the area at the time. Bentgrass greens were very nice. The course lay out was good. Only negative (12 years ago was the food). If I moved back, it would be on a short list of courses I would join.
HouAggie
AG
No more bent grass. Climate won that battle finally.

Current chef is very good. Food has much improved since his arrival.
jakeaggie84
AG
quote:
bumping this...

looking at Falcon Point myself, just seeing if anyone else wants to offer some insight

Jake if you see this-- did you end up joining?
I didn't join. Things got a little crazy towards the end of the year, so I decided to wait. Let me know if you want to play a round with me to test it out again. Maybe we can get a couple aggie members to join us.
PedroJack07
AG
sounds good, send me an email and we can figure out when

rocha dot ryan at gmail
mcp2013
For anyone who is a ClubCorp/Falcon Point member, how do the practice facilities work? Are they included or do you pay extra for a plan for your home and other courses? Also anyone who is a current YEX member, are you restricted to just the 4 courses currently listed?
HouAggie
AG
Falcon Point charges $10/mo range fee. It seems chicken s*** to me bc you can't opt out, so I'd rather they just made dues $10 higher, than itemize it like that.

Not sure about other ClubCorp courses.
HouAggie
AG
I'm a YEX member. Which four courses are you referring to? Seems like there are quite a few more in the Houston area.
PedroJack07
AG
Even with YEX you get access to any of the clubs in the ClubCorp network. You're just restricted to no more than 2 rounds/month at any one away course. Deerwood and The Woodlands CC you can't play between noon Friday and noon Sunday and it's a $75 access fee. Traditions you can't play on football game days.

Right now Falcon is giving you free carts and half price dining. Those benefits extend to any of the ClubCorp clubs, but not the "affiliate" courses.

Its a pretty sweet deal. My only hesitation, which is a pretty big one, is I'm not a fan of Devlin / Von Hagge courses. At all.
mcp2013
Thanks guys, so with the YEX you get similar access to the O.N.E. program golf wise? All courses in Houston (with the noted exceptions) as well as access to courses out of state while traveling? I was looking on the "Benefits Finder" and searched with the filter of "My Community" on Houston YEX. The only courses that came up were April Sound, Kingwood, Hearthstone, and Willow Creek.
PedroJack07
AG
Yes, to clarify, they're giving you ONE benefits for free w/ your YEX membership. I think those YEX clubs are just the ones that offer the YEX membership category.
jakeaggie84
AG
I emailed you yesterday. Let's get a free round soon. Maybe they will throw in lunch.
mcp2013
How strongly enforced is the noon Friday to noon Sunday blackout period on the non-home courses? Is it at all possible to get out on one of these courses if they're not packed?
HouAggie
AG
If there are open times, they're lenient on it. I've had that rule bent for me multiple times.
Mr.Bond
AG
Don't you have to book the tee times at non home courses through the hotline and not through the course?
HouAggie
AG
I believe that is correct. I've always booked through the hotline.
hehateme2285
They're currently running a 35th Anniversary special that's great. If you're interested in joining, shoot me an email at hehateme2290@gmail.com and I'll sponsor you.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
hehateme2285 said:

They're currently running a 35th Anniversary special that's great. If you're interested in joining, shoot me an email at hehateme2290@gmail.com and I'll sponsor you.
Might get more interest if you post the special...or not. WTF do I know...
PA24
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Don't you have to book the tee times at non home courses through the hotline and not through the course?
You can expect the same once Conroe CC can qualify for internet
hehateme2285
Sooper Jeenyus said:

hehateme2285 said:

Might get more interest if you post the special...or not. WTF do I know...

$320 a month, includes carts and ONE for 1/2 off dining
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.