Does Donald Trump cheat at golf? A Washington Post investigation.

1,064 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by whasty
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does Donald Trump cheat at golf? A Washington Post investigation.

quote:
One morning in the mid-1990s, Mark Mulvoy was on the sixth hole of Long Island's Garden City Golf Club with Donald Trump when the skies opened, and they ducked for cover under a nearby awning. The rain let up a few moments later, and Mulvoy, then the managing editor of Sports Illustrated, returned to the green. When he got there, he found a ball 10 feet from the pin that he didn't remember seeing before the storm.

"Who the hell's ball is this?" he said.

"That's me," the real estate mogul said, according to Mulvoy.

"Donald, give me a f------ break," Mulvoy recalls telling him. "You've been hacking away in the g------ weeds all day. You do not lie there."

"Ahh, the guys I play with cheat all the time," he recalls Trump replying. "I have to cheat just to keep up with them."

It's a story that the current GOP front-runner hotly denies. "I don't even know who he is," Trump said when asked about Mulvoy's account."I don't drop balls, I don't move balls. I don't need to."
quote:
"Golf is like bicycle shorts: It can reveal a lot about a guy," said Rick Reilly, the sportswriter who hit the links with Trump for his 2004 book "Who's Your Caddy?" in which he lugged clubs for several of the world's best golfers and VIP amateurs.

As for Trump? "When it comes to cheating, he's an 11 on a scale of one to 10," Reilly said.
quote:
But Reilly noted something else about playing with Trump that is echoed by others who have played with him: He had an amazing time. Trump played with confidence and bravado, he tipped the caddies, he gave great pointers that helped his comrades with problem swings. So what if he cheats? The guy is a lot of fun!
quote:
Trump has shown that his candidacy is immune to the types of attacks that can bring down normal Republican candidates. He's on record mocking a war hero and praising Nancy Pelosi, he's advocated for higher taxes, donated to Democrats and called for single-payer health care. None of that has mattered. But does his golf history provide opponents with the opening they need?

"FACT: Former House speaker Will Weatherford said 'he did not remember @realDonaldTrump shooting 72,' " Danny Diaz, Jeb Bush's campaign manager, tweeted recently.

But perhaps even this attack could backfire. The only other person that Reilly remembers cheating as much as Trump? None other than Bill Clinton.

Maybe Trump's cheating is his most presidential move yet.
jj9000
AG
whasty
AG
Don't count that!

About 20 years ago, I read a good book about golf and the White House called "Presidential Lies", found it on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Presidential-Lies-Illustrated-History-White/dp/0028612582
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.