David Feherty and CBS parting ways

4,484 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
AgPrognosticator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Found this gem:

Feherty took a shot at actor and noted Scientologist Tom Cruise, who has said that therapy and drugs are useless and that depression can be cured by physical exercise: "Actually, some sort of exercise would have helped me. If I kicked the **** out of Tom Cruise, I'd feel a lot better about myself."

Anddd, another:

From my own experience visiting the troops in the Middle East, I can tell you this, though: despite how the conflict has been portrayed by our glorious media, if you gave any U.S. soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Osama bin Laden, there's a good chance that Nancy Pelosi would get shot twice, and Harry Reid and bin Laden would be strangled to death.

Chipotlemonger
AG
No filter on him. A breath of fresh air nowadays.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Love him for golf and his show is pretty good (it's great for an interview show, I just don't find interviews very entertaining). But I would not want him doing football or basketball. That would be awful.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I would rather listen to David Feherty call a football game than Phil Simms any time.
jja79
AG
He can have the NFL on CBS and the Final Four if it will get rid of Jim Nantz.
Bunk Moreland
to that line of thinking...the "Dennis Miller" experiment on MNF years ago is almost something that might have been just a bit ahead of its time.

Having a sharp, quick-witted, but light-hearted guy like Feherty in the booth with the broadcaster and the *****y color commentator to keep things fresh might be incredibly well received today.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.