Oh to be an Aggie golfer...

3,752 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Baby Billy
Brick Tamland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
.. I wish

Quinn
AG
Dang, that's awesome. Does everyone play Taylormade or do they supply their own clubs?
Mr.Bond
AG
Two things. I want the bag on the far right and are those tennis shoes or golf shoes?

Also I believe the team has access to multiple club manufacturers, not secluded to taylormade because of Adidas
Brick Tamland
quote:
Two things. I want the bag on the far right and are those tennis shoes or golf shoes?

Also I believe the team has access to multiple club manufacturers, not secluded to taylormade because of Adidas

Bag is on Taylormade's website. Top shoes are the ultra boost running shoes and the other two are the boost spikeless golf shoes

We use Taylormade's bags and umbrellas, etc. and I think they give us clubs if our guys wants them. I think we still use Titleist balls
Mr.Bond
AG
Can you link the taylormade bag? I don't see anything on their site A&M related
Brick Tamland
quote:
Can you link the taylormade bag? I don't see anything on their site A&M related

It won't have the logo through them online. I should have known you meant with the logo. Maybe call CC Creations or something and see if they can monogram it before you buy it.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Not a bad day at all to an Aggie (Women's) Golfer..

Chipotlemonger
AG
Adidas golf shoes
Texas Ag 15
AG
The team can play whatever clubs you want, however taylormade is the official team sponsored clubs. I know some manufactures have gotten pissed when they see the players talking to taylormade after tournaments. It's pretty funny to watch these big companies try to claim the golfers as theirs.
hoya-ag
AG
I want this tour visor on the right.
Brick Tamland
quote:
The team can play whatever clubs you want, however taylormade is the official team sponsored clubs. I know some manufactures have gotten pissed when they see the players talking to taylormade after tournaments. It's pretty funny to watch these big companies try to claim the golfers as theirs.

Isn't Taylormade allowed to tinker with our clubs like they would a pro if our players are using them? I know they definitely wouldn't readjust, grip, or shaft other manufacturers clubs. The Taylormade truck makes a visit to Traditions for the team two or three times a year.
powerbelly
AG
The campus course sells a similar visor in the pro shop.
hoya-ag
AG
thanks, power.
Texas Ag 15
AG
The taylormade does come out to traditions and they will give the players essentially a "fitting". It's kind of up to the player after that to play the club if they want. I know someone on the team that is sponsored by titleist but played the R15 in his tournament. Kind of depends on the player. Because the players can get Taylormade stuff easier you'll see a lot of them playing those
Chipotlemonger
AG
Curious as to if that trend holds true for putters? Or do most guys play their own?
Brick Tamland
quote:
Curious as to if that trend holds true for putters? Or do most guys play their own?

Almost our whole national title team used Ping (we had a deal with them then). Not sure what they do now.
Brick Tamland
I wish these bags were available to the public. They're subtle but still rep the Ags.

@AggieMensGolf: 1st round of qualifying is under way @traditions. A little adversity today in the rain. #AggieGolf #12thMan http://t.co/GPb5lPevMO
Texas Ag 15
AG
The team still uses their own putters. Most of them use Scotty Cameron's but like I said it really depends on the player. I know they are getting the latest models of all the clubs here pretty soon, so I wouldn't be surprised to see all of them having all the newest clubs at their first tournament.
Brick Tamland
What do we do when Adidas sells Taylormade?
Texas Ag 15
AG
You mean as far as does Adidas pressure the players to use taylormade?
Brick Tamland
No, that we have their bags, shoe bags, and backpacks
Texas Ag 15
AG
Oh gotcha. Yeah the players have to be represented in Adidas in that stance. So obviously the shoes shirts bags all that stuff is Adidas. Far as clubs go though that's up to them, but everything else is Adidas
Brick Tamland
I would assume that we would just start using Adidas bags instead
MidTnAg
AG
We got slammed by the sips on our own course (6.5 to 2.5). Embarrassing.
Texas Ag 15
AG
Texas has some amazing girls on their team this year. Not making any excuses but from what I've been told their girls played absolutely lights out. Our girls played decent but Texas was just on another level. Our best duo were two under through 9 on four ball and the Texas girls were 8 under they are that good
Brick Tamland
Here is the backpack, for those interested

http://taylormadegolf.com/Players-Backpack/DW-SQ541.html?dwvar_DW-SQ541_color=B11098#start=1

edit: if you look at the reviews, some idiot complained about not being able to put his shoes in the side pockets
Brick Tamland
I wish Taylormade would make A&M golf hats
txag2008
AG
I'm guessing these shirts aren't available to the public?
Texas Ag 15
AG
No those aren't but you should volunteer to work for the guy's or girl's tournament out at Traditions. Volunteers get those polos..
Baby Billy
AG
quote:
.. I wish

My roommate is on the golf team.Needless to say, a lot of his clothes "accidentally" get mixed up with mine while doing laundry. They have it so good up there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.