Did Carlton Woods sell?

9,181 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by garym2001
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heard the members bought it. I think a poster here is a member and mentioned it.
HouAggie
AG
I heard that the members' attempt to purchase fell through. Not positive though.
plarmigan
AG
My FIL is a member and according to him they are indeed buying it. Not sure if it has officially closed yet though.
cheeky
AG
We close next week. Due diligence is complete and funds are raised.
HouAggie
AG
I stand corrected...
Matsui
AG
What is the advantage of disadvantage of this?
Unemployed
AG
quote:
My FIL is a member and according to him they are indeed buying it. Not sure if it has officially closed yet though.
You married well.
AgPrognosticator
AG
quote:
What is the advantage of disadvantage of this?
Members run the club how they want as opposed to a management group running how they see fit. That's really the nut.
HouAggie
AG
^
This

Potential to be either an advantage or a disadvantage.
jja79
AG
I was told it's been operating at a pretty big deficit so the dues are likely to go up quite a bit.

With the price of oil where it is I wonder how that bodes for CW and the far northwest high end clubs being developed and redeveloped.

Stagecoach glad you guys got it done.
cheeky
AG
dues will be about 50% higher than 1 year ago

initiation is going to 150
garym2001
AG
$150k would make it the highest initiation in Houston. That's crazy.
jja79
AG
If you don't own a lot isn't Bluejack $150K? I believe after the course reconstruction Houston Oaks will be $150K also.

That was the reason for my question about the price of oil affecting the CW situation as well as the 2 other clubs.
LeFraud
Can someone enlighten us lolpoors, are these initiation fees paid in one lump sum, or is it spread out over time? Tia
AgPrognosticator
AG
If you asked to pay the the initiation in installments they would rescind their offer of membership.
WHOOP!'91
AG
$150k ought to keep out the riff-raff.

Like me.
garym2001
AG
sometimes you can pay installments. We went in as Jr members to a club in town and paid $15k and then were able to finance the remainder through the club. If you're going as a full active from the jump, you're likely paying all at once.
jja79
AG
What astounds me is the number of 30 somethings able to make the payment.
AgPrognosticator
AG
quote:
What astounds me is the number of 30 somethings able to make the payment.
It's not like they earned it...Maybe 1/20 of those "30 somethings" earned enough money to drop $150k in cash on a country club membership. The ones that actually earned it probably wouldn't spend it because they are too busy working.

The remaining 19/20 inherited daddy's money, married well, or had parents that hit oil...
jja79
AG
I understand that.
I Am A Critic
Or those 30-somethings were smart enough to buy a Young Professional membership at $30K and not a full membership.
jja79
AG
Don't know about CW or Bluejack but Im fairly certain Houston Oaks doesn't have a YP program.
garym2001
AG
River Oaks, Houston CC, Lakeside and Braeburn all have Jr memberships available. You pay a reduced initiation fee and must make up the difference by your 40th bday.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.