Tournament Gifts

2,839 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by JFrench
JFrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for ideas to include in the gift bag you get at tournaments.

Seems like everyone expects a sleeve of balls. But looking for unique ideas to replace the towels, hats, tees, etc that most get at every tourney and forget about.

The tournament is for Honor Flight Houston. Non Profit that takes local WW2 vets to DC to visit their memorials. Not here to plug it necessarily but can give details if anyone is interested. This will be 2nd year for the golf tourney.

I think entry is $100-150 so nothing extravagant that eats too much into their proceeds.
Ag_07
AG
I've always enjoyed the Callaway humidor and cigar cutter I got. That particular setup may be expensive, but you could do any kind of decent cigar cutter.

More info on the tourney if you don't mind. I may interested.
powerbelly
AG
Ball marker

$29 with custom stamp
ORAggieFan
Super cheap, but I like the tiny sharpies for marking balls. Had a few of those in a bag last month.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Super cheap, but I like the tiny sharpies for marking balls. Had a few of those in a bag last month.
yaterag
AG
I did embroidered golf towels for a tournament I ran last year and they were a big hit. I'll probably do it again this year. Total cost wss only $7 per towel. The towels also provide free advertising for another tournament.
khaos288
AG
towels would be great
Old School Brother
wife's family member that runs a tournament has a guy come out that does custom fit gloves.
Just an Ag
AG

www.Tervis.com

Tumblers with a custom emblem.
Goose
AG
It won't fit in the gift bag, but I played in a tournament up here in Dallas where they had a Cuban lady hand rolling cigars and that was a big hit. It was really interesting to watch her roll them and I'm no cigar expert or anything but those who smoked them seemed to enjoy them. Also, the Cuban lady was young and attractive, wore a short dress that was skin tight, and had a huge rack with ample cleavage showing. All in all it was really popular.
JFrench
AG
quote:

More info on the tourney if you don't mind. I may interested.

October 15th. Noon thirty shotgun. Meadowbrook Ranch in Katy. $125 / person includes lunch and dinner.

I dont know if there are rules around here about "advertising" or if this is considered that.

I can email over info on it. PM me and I'll email. Im not the most savvy on my phone to figure out how to check though. But i figured out how to quote for the first time.

I greatly appreciate the good ideas. Some are probably out of their range though. A couple of them are perfect. Ive been to some higher dollar entry tourneys that you definately paid for the gifts-although they usually get things donated to their functions. I hope they get there one day. But the years it takes to build it up most of these men and women will be gone.

klockness
AG
I'd look for sponsors to provide gifts since you're trying to keep the money for the charity. Companies with shirts, hats, tees, towels, golf balls with their logos. Some companies may already have these items they hand out to customers and such. Some may even customize them to have the tournament name/logo sponsored by company ___.
Brick Tamland
quote:
I'd look for sponsors to provide gifts since you're trying to keep the money for the charity. Companies with shirts, hats, tees, towels, golf balls with their logos. Some companies may already have these items they hand out to customers and such. Some may even customize them to have the tournament name/logo sponsored by company ___.
To piggyback off of this, I know State Farm has sleeves of Titleist Velocity balls with their logo that their agents give out. I haven't bought a golf ball in the last 4 or 5 years.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Yeti koozie or tumbler

JFrench
AG
They had companies at last year's tourney who threw in their promo and logo stuff like balls and tees. Or from what I can remember.

The freebies come easy. Its raising money thats tough.

Thanks again for the feedback and help
Ag_07
AG
So what about the tourney info?

As a grandson to a 95 year old WWII vet that travels to reunions, memorials, etc I'd love to contribute.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
-A putting cup with your logo on it.

logo putting cup

-A microfiber screen wipe that sticks to your phone case

adhesive microfiber wipe

-A flask

Aggie_Eric98
AG
a bounce back certificate to the course you are playing.
JFrench
AG
Above is time and date. Shoot me an email @ jasonafrench @ gmail.com and Ill forward over the details and registration info

My wife is chairman of the board. Im not as active but I get to meet alot of the vets. No doubt they are the greatest generation. I'm sure you agree.
htxag09
AG
My company had a team at a tournament and they had the yeti 30 oz ramblers in the bag. Every one of us has that cup on any given day of work. And I take that cup out to every round of golf I play. Pretty awesome just refill it with water on the course and still have ice after 18 holes in 100 plus degree weather.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
problem solved op,
30 oz rambler
JFrench
AG
Im going to work some people. Know someone at Academy. I like the rambler idea.
JFrench
AG
And thanks again for all the suggestions. I wrote them all down and passed it along.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, the rambler is a great one as long as the budget works.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I can hook you up on ramblers
inozips
AG
You can buy bag tags on the cheap...as a son of a WWII Vet I too want details on the event
JFrench
AG
The power of Texags.

Jasonafrench @ gmail.com

Eye. Shoot me an email. Ill have my wife or the guy running the tourney give you a shout. You have a gun store correct? They were talking about possibly having a small auction this year and mentioned having something gun related. I might buy something to put in the auction. I just don't know how much success theyll have in the auction and I want to atleast have them get back what I put in.

Ino. Shoot me an email and ill forward over tourney info
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.