Best Website to Get Iron Set

1,923 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ORAggieFan
cdowl38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have recently been trying to get a new iron set and I have already demoed a few ones and set my sights on the Callaway XR irons. I dont want to pay $800 at golfsmith but Im not sure of what website to get them on. Anyone use a certain website?
hot dog
AG
ebay noob
ORAggieFan
Discount Dan's
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Discount Dan's
+1
resmith09
AG
Discount Dan's says to call to get pricing...is this merchandise that "fell of the back of a truck" or something?
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Discount Dan's says to call to get pricing...is this merchandise that "fell of the back of a truck" or something?
They're legit.

Think they can't advertise their prices since they're lower than the manufacturer's suggested "retail" price. Or something like that.
powerbelly
AG
I think they had their Ping account taken away for this reason.

They are legit.
Ag_07
AG
Can't speak for irons but I've ordered bags, shirts, and shoes from budgetgolf.com and they've been pretty cheap and reputable.
Brick Tamland
Rockbottomgolf.com is good. I got my dad a Callaway driver from them and it was legit.
Brick Tamland
What I plan on doing is just buying an iron or two at a time from Taylormade or Titleist to save a few bucks (I only need a 6-pw since I can't hit a 4i and use a 4h and 5h).
fordag4
AG
Ask for Adam or Matt at Discount Dans. NOBODY beats their prices.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Dan's
cdowl38
AG
I check out Dirty Dans, thanks
Oknows
AG
Discount Dan's. Got a set of AP1s last month with custom specs/shaft/grip/etc. Came straight from Titleist at a great price.

Not shaddy at all. You can email them for a quote if you don't feel comfortable calling. You can use thegolfwarehouse to see what the free upgrades and upcharges are if you are skipping a fitting and then use that info to request the quote.

Once they come back with your quote, you can call to order or fill out a form and submit it.

I will never buy a new set of clubs from anyone else.
jj9000
AG
I got this email from Discount Dan's today:

quote:
$50.00 OFF ANY SET OF 7 OR MORE CUSTOM IRONS SALE*
(USE CODE AUGUST2015 WHEN ORDERING)

ANY MAKE, MODEL, SHAFT, GRIP OR CUSTOM SPEC IS YOURS FOR $50.00 OFF OUR REGULAR LOW PRICE.
1208HawkTree
AG
Another vote for DiscountDan's. I ordered a Vokey TVD wedge from them and I was able to specify shaft, length, loft and lie adjustments, and grip, all for no additional charge. Club came direct from Vokey Wedgeworks and I paid less than I would have if I ordered it direct from them.
stick93
AG
Buy them brand new from Callaway preowned. Tons of sets on there. Cancelled custom orders. I bet you can find your exact setup for $600 or less.
shotcaller1
AG
I'm looking as well and all of my research, both online and through personal networks, lands me at eBay for the best deals. No matter what, brick and mortar stores are not the answer if you're seeking to minimize costs.
ORAggieFan
Was at GolfTEC for my practice today and they asked if I wanted a free Callaway fitting since the guy had no one there so I said sure.

LOVED the new Great Big Bertha. Problem is, $450. Emailed Discount Dan's and was sad it's the same price.

Assume if I wait a few months it comes way down.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.