Troon courses around Phoenix?

1,650 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by harge57
shakenbake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im a Troon member looking to play at a nice Troon course in/around Phoenix in late January. Any recommendations?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Troon North, The Boulders, and Kierland are my favorites in order. I've never been disappointed with any of their properties.
Matsui
AG
Troop north. One of top in area. Must play. Play all 36 holes. It is awesome.
DRE06
AG
Troon North is the best couse in all of Phoenix/Scottsdale
JYDog90
AG
Troon North is my favorite course I've ever played.
Gaucho
AG
quote:
Troon North is the best couse in all of Phoenix/Scottsdale
Close, but Troon Country Club is their private version of Troon North almost directly across the street.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Another vote for Troon North.
rodneyp11
AG
I played Troon North last week as well as We-ko-pa. The We-Ko-Pa course was a much better layout with better views as well as in way better shape. Troon North Monument was kind of patchy in place in the fairways.
19AG84
AG
I have played Troon North for the past nine years in the month of February. I have never seen a piece of grass out of place. It has always been in excellent condition.

We-Ko-P is my second favorite. Challenging, but fair.
skippytimmy
AG
I don't believe boulders or we-ko-pa are Troon courses, but they are two of my favorite courses there. if you want to drive for a little, Gold Mountain is a cool course, with some dramatic holes.

shakenbake
AG
Thanks for all the replies. Definitely will play Troon North. Staying at Hilton Tapatio, so I might play their course too. Anyone played there?
skippytimmy
AG
Don't play tapatio (even though an Aggie owns it). Boring course. Just like I would stay away from the TPC and Keirland. Nothing special there.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
quote:
I have played Troon North for the past nine years in the month of February. I have never seen a piece of grass out of place. It has always been in excellent condition.

We-Ko-P is my second favorite. Challenging, but fair.
I had a similar experience. Played both Monument and Pinnacle in ~May 2012 and both courses (particularly Monument) were in better shape than anything i'd ever played, or have played since.
harge57
AG
quote:
I played Troon North last week as well as We-ko-pa. The We-Ko-Pa course was a much better layout with better views as well as in way better shape. Troon North Monument was kind of patchy in place in the fairways.

I had the same experience in May. Thought we ko pa was number one and Troon north was number two from the trip though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.