Sunday afternoon golf

1,132 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You get the afternoon free, and get a twilight tee time for one.

You get on the tee to join a threesome, and after the first hole, they tell you that they normally play a 2v2 scramble.

Do you join them and play 2v2, or just play your game beside them?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm usually game to go with any games/betting a group I join wants to do. I'll wait to be asked vs. inviting myself, but I can't remember ever saying no when asked.
HouAggie
AG
Gross or net?
diehard03
No. Mostly because I don't want to care that much while playing golf at that time/hour.
HouAggie
AG
You didn't mention wagering so I guess who cares. You're still playing your own ball. What does it matter if someone wants to keep teams and a score?
khaos288
AG
Sorry, it was a scramble**
jj9000
AG
Option #3

Agree with the 2v2, suggest a 'Worst Ball' format and watch their heads explode.
'03ag
Golf is only enjoyable for me if I'm playing my own game. I would decline.
shaynew1
AG
I'd offer to play some bet or game to play my own ball
powerbelly
AG
I would decline a scramble.

I like to play my own ball.

ETA: I would have offered to play wolf or something else.
ORAggieFan
No to a scramble. Maybe yes on other games. I love to bet on golf but prefer when knowing the people.
Just an Ag
AG
I would decline. I'm there to play my ball. As a personal opinion, I hate scrambles.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I'd caveat my above answer in that I've never played or been asked to play in a non-tournwment scramble. I'd only say yes to any betting where I'm still playing my own ball.

That format suggests complete hackerville for these 3, so not only would I say no, I might start looking at potential windows to ditch them entirely.
JYDog90
AG
They weren't going to play a 2v2 scramble before you showed up. I would politely say no thanks, that is like to play my own ball.
khaos288
AG
interesting responses. They were actually the tee time after me, and had lost their 4th. So they were telling me about how it's their church group that normally plays 2v2.

I ended up playing the scramble with them mostly because I had never done it before. I also had played 4 out of the last 5 days, so I was a little sore. I ended up having fun, but I agree that I would only do it if I were in the right situation ( a last minute relaxed sunday twilight round made sense to try it ).
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Option #3

Agree with the 2v2, suggest a 'Worst Ball' format and watch their heads explode.

Power move
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.