Why I buy Ping

3 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by dbtexasag05
dbtexasag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I broke a driver twice in the last year...both times my fault...both times throwing a temper tantrum.

I had registered the club through ping and both times they returned the driver, new packaging and no questions asked. I realize other manufacturers play by the same rules, but I have NEVER had any issue with Ping and their customer service.
fletch01
AG
Good stuff d-b. Glad to hear this as I am about to buy new Ping irons.
jj9000
AG
Edit...Nope...gonna actually hit them before selling them.
dbtexasag05
I tried my hardest to like the s series irons from ping.

I20 was the way i went about 3 years ago.

That's another ping story...they sent me irons with the wrong shafts in them. Called and they overnighted me the correct irons.

They actually said I could keep the other ones. I returned them to ping and they sent me a gift certificate to buy my three and five woods.

Edit to explain s series irons since JJ is an Indian seller.
Mr.Bond
AG
Here's a thought, don't break your ****ing clubs throwing fits
birdman
What does the "db" stand for in your Texags handle?
shotcaller1
AG
Considering he throws tantrums on the course, I think we know what db means
fletch01
AG
That's why I hyphenated it...
dbtexasag05
You sons of...

Dick
Brown

And I think you guys are taking my tantrums out of context. There is nothing wrong with acting like tiger woods.
Mr.Bond
AG
If you don't get paid to play golf then no you don't have the right to break clubs like a biotch
LeFraud
I've never seen Tiger break a club

Aggies don't lie, cheat or steal...unless it's breaking a ping driver by throwing a titty fit
fletch01
AG
I used to throw clubs when I was in my 20's. But you tend to mature (albeit incrementally) as you get into your 30's.

The first step is admitting you have a problem...
dbtexasag05
This has escalated...

I wanted to kind of start a joke and now I am a thief and a child...
boy09
AG
quote:
I used to throw clubs when I was in my 20's. But you tend to mature (albeit incrementally) as you get into your 30's.

The first step is admitting you have a problem...
I broke a wedge a few months ago, but i'm only 28. Good to know I still have a good year and half left where it's acceptable to break clubs.
aggiedent
AG
quote:
I wanted to kind of start a joke and now I am a thief and a child...

An earlier poster said admitting the problem was the first step. Congratulations!!
jj9000
AG
I can't tell if you guys are giving him a hard time, or are serious.

In either case, you're missing the point.

PING does, in fact, have great Customer Service.
fletch01
AG
Oh, I'm totally kidding db. Just having some fun. Trust me, I've broken many clubs in my day. I used to break my tennis rackets with even greater frequency.
Good Will Hunting
I've broken one club, and a few tennis rackets. Once the bill for replacements comes in, it tends to make you think twice. At least for me.

As for Ping, I love my irons. Doubt I ever play anything else.
Just an Ag
AG
A little club toss never hurt anyone. In time, Golf teaches you to accept the shot, accept the results, and move on. I think it is a great lesson.
dbtexasag05
I just broke every club in my bag, yelled at a foursome playing too slow, told the Marshall he was old, and dumped an entire box of top flights in the creek on 18, mainly because they are worthless.

Also looking back it looks like I got my feelings hurt. I didn't, I know how to take a good ribbing. Besides I play ProV1s that automatically makes me better as a human and a golfer than most of you.
Mr.Bond
AG
Pics or it didn't happen
jakeaggie84
AG
The only time I freak out is when I'm playing with my dad. We get way too competitive. ill yell and throw a club (young man tantrum) and he will cough in my backswing (old man tantrum). Good times.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Bent my putter to a 30 degree angle on a flag stick after a 4 putt to double. Threw it in the water and used my buddy's the rest of the day. Luckily it was a cheap POS that I had gotten for free from a friend who upgraded.
07fta07
AG
quote:
Oh, I'm totally kidding db. Just having some fun. Trust me, I've broken many clubs in my day. I used to break my tennis rackets with even greater frequency.

Haven't broken a club out of anger, but I've cracked 3 driver shafts. I used to break tennis rackets like it was going out of style. Glad I gave up that game, it was getting expensive.
Mr.Bond
AG
Some of you guys need serious help
dbtexasag05
I actually feel better
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.