The Ticket P1 Tournament at Lajitas

5,121 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
claybot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone going? Sounds like a ton of fun, although probably super hot. I would be really tempted to go if baby wasn't due the week before.

http://www.lajitasgolfresort.com/P1
98Ag99Grad
AG
That would be a fun time. Played out there a couple of years ago. Really neat course.
Old School Brother
Trying to talk a buddy into going, but I wouldn't pay the extra $600 for the charter flight....that seems a bit steep.
powerbelly
AG
I'm playing. I have always wanted to play that course.
98Ag99Grad
AG
quote:
Trying to talk a buddy into going, but I wouldn't pay the extra $600 for the charter flight....that seems a bit steep.
I think you're right but flying to Odessa then driving 4 hours to Lajitas kinda sucks. If you only save a couple hundred bucks I'd probably go ahead and spend the extra cash if you can afford it.
'03ag
$1400 and you still have to pay for the zip line tour.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Vacationing the week before, otherwise, I'd strongly consider it.

I don't think the $600 is bad, not when the flying alternative is a $300ish SWA flight, 8 additional hours of driving, and the 3 day cost of a rental car. And even then, your Friday timing is redeye tight, so a Thurs night trip out and hotel cost may be in the cards.

now there is the economical 9 hour road trip option, but sandwiching 3 days of nonstop golf and alcohol between 18 hours in the car isn't at the top of my list. Plus, with the timing, you're looking at an overnight hotel on the way out and being in sad shape for that 3pm Sunday drive home. By that point, I might be willing to pay someone $600 to give up their return flight seat to me and drive my car home for me.
Old School Brother
planning on road tripping it if we play. i can afford it, just can't bring myself to pay $600 for that flight.
powerbelly
AG
I am road tripping as well.

Picking my friend up in Midland on the way.
98Ag99Grad
AG
If you're driving take the route through Presidio if you have time. It's ranked as one of the most scenic drives in the U.S.
claybot
AG
Jealous of all you guys playing. I was down there in May for work and got to play the back 9. It's a beautiful course! Keep us updated on the scoring.

For you guys driving, be sure and make some time to see Big Bend. Everything in the park is great, but the highlights for me are Santa Elena Canyon and the Lost Mine Trail in the National Park, and the drive down River Road in the state park.
agsalaska
AG
I am glad I read this thread. I have been wondering what my weekend golf road trip would be this year. This is one course I have always wanted to play. Cant make the ticket tournament but can always go out and play it.
LHIOB
AG
Trying to get my boss to make this a work outting
Hanrahan
AG
We went last October and got the charter jet to make a stop in Austin from Dallas to pick 10 of us up to fill the remaining seats. Totally worth it for the flight you land 10 mins from course and they pick you up. Very cool experience we are taking all 30 seats on the jet this fall as they said they would come to Austin to get us again if we took the whole plane.
claybot
AG
So how was it?
ElCheAg
AG
If and when will they fly out of Houston?
Old School Brother
we need some stories on this.....i didn't end up going.
LHIOB
AG
Bumb
Old School Brother
did everyone who played in this thing sign an NDA or something?
'03ag
everyone on this board is a closet lolpoors. no one could actually afford to go.

Except for Chipotle, who chose to play the course from Brownsville, with a 7 iron.
powerbelly
AG
I played and probably would not play in the ticket tournament again.

I would play there again on my own.

Elmo Lincoln
AG
quote:
I played and probably would not play in the ticket tournament again.

I would play there again on my own.

Interesting. What's your rationale for not wanting to play in the P1 tournament again? I just ask as a P1 that didn't play in the tournament (or have anything else to do with it).
powerbelly
AG
Poorly planned and executed. IMO.

The course is amazing and a lot of fun.

This was clearly a last minute deal and it showed.
Old School Brother
were any of the ticket guys there? i didn't hear any of the big golfers from the station talk about being there on twitter (sirois brothers, corby, jub, junior, bob).
powerbelly
AG
No, there were not ticket people there.

If I would have not known it was a "ticket" event going in, I would have never known.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's pretty lame.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.