How To Act Like a Tour Pro

3,575 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Just an Ag
jj9000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C.C. Bay Ag
AG
Pure awesomeness:

The Interview
You just completed your round. Everyone in the clubhouse is dying to know how it went (were they not watching the telecast? Geez). You stroll through the pro shop and the club pro (we'll call him "Tom") casually asks you how your round was. This is your cue to go into full interview mode:

"You know, Tommy, course looks great, greens are really stimping right now. I like my chances."

Or "All-in-all, felt like we got some good work in today. Left a few shots out there, the one on 13 hurt, but I really flighted the ball well and I'm seeing my lines. This track is so gettable right now, so hopefully I can rest up and post a low number tomorrow."

My main goal in life is to find a beer as cold as a woman's heart
antman8504
AG
instead of doing the "The Follow Through Club Throw", I am switching to the "The Wayward Drive Directional Point".

"The Follow Through Club Throw" is so 2000s, now its all about the "The Wayward Drive Directional Point
KatyAg01
AG
quote:
instead of doing the "The Follow Through Club Throw", I am switching to the "The Wayward Drive Directional Point".

"The Follow Through Club Throw" is so 2000s, now its all about the "The Wayward Drive Directional Point

If I know the guys I'm playing with, I like to start walking towards the fairway and point for them when they've hit an errant shot as Angel Cabrera did to Rory when he was imploding at The Masters a few years ago.
bagger05
AG
quote:
quote:

If I know the guys I'm playing with, I like to start walking towards the fairway and point for them when they've hit an errant shot as Angel Cabrera did to Rory when he was imploding at The Masters a few years ago.

I've heard that Cabrera is all about the gamesmanship from a few different sources. The pointing thing with Rory, intentionally walking all over the extension of his opponent's line. Of course his English is never good, but apparently when his opponent is struggling he doesn't understand a single freaking word.

Some call that stuff gamesmanship whereas I think it's just being a jerk.
Goose
AG
I want to try this:

Say you hit a ball out of bounds (someone snapped a picture on your downswing AGAIN). Once you finish belittling the fool that won't quit capturing Kodak moments, you realize you hit it into someone's yard and the homeowner happens to be out trimming the hedges. You walk up, feigning genuine concern, and lead with your standard, "Is everyone ok?". After you've played your shot, you take off your glove, walk over to the fan (confused homeowner), sign it, and give it to them and apologize. Throw in a gratuitous "I'm not gonna find this on Ebay next week, am I?" joke in there, as if your John Hancock has some real monetary value.
Elmo Lincoln
AG
The Pre-Shot No Club Rehearsal

You've got yourself in the slightest bit of trouble in the rough on the right. There are a few trees in the vicinity, but it's time to show just how creative you are. The best way to do this is to practice your swing without a club to make sure the club won't hit any trees. Make sure you look around for every possible option, but to save some energy (or something), don't pull the club out until the last possible minute.

JYDog90
AG
Lots of Tiger and Bubba in those clips. fitting.
AggieIce
AG
quote:
Lots of Tiger and Bubba in those clips. fitting.

Everyone wants to emulate the best
JYDog90
AG
That's certainly one way to look at it.
Quinn
AG
#TourSauce
watty
AG
That is truly awesome. Those articles are going to forever change the way my rounds of golf look. And I swear to you, if I ever beat my buddy with a putt on the 18th hole, I will go all Payne Stewart "You're going to be a father" on him.
Aggie1391
I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed of how many of these I do during a normal round
Quinn
AG
@NoLayingUp is a great twitter follow for those of y'all on twitter. Great, entertaining stuff during tournaments.
bagger05
AG
Part I was really funny.
antman8504
AG
The Caddie-Ball Toss

You've hit yet another green in regulation. Big deal. You're used to this. Time to clean off your ball and drain another birdie. But there's no chance in hell you're cleaning the ball yourself. Mark your ball, and toss it to your "caddie" (unsuspecting playing partner) to clean it.
Aggie1391
quote:
The Caddie-Ball Toss

You've hit yet another green in regulation. Big deal. You're used to this. Time to clean off your ball and drain another birdie. But there's no chance in hell you're cleaning the ball yourself. Mark your ball, and toss it to your "caddie" (unsuspecting playing partner) to clean it.

Had a friend do that to me while we were playing a match where we were trash talking all day. We were all square thru 16 when he stuffed one to 3 feet on 17. After I tapped in for par, and threw me the ball and said "Clean this for me before I make this putt."

So I pour some water on the ball like I was going to clean it, and threw it in the bunker. He was pissed. Missed the putt, then proceeded to blow up on 18.

After the round I apologized for the ball slipping into the bunker
Goose
AG
quote:
quote:
The Caddie-Ball Toss

Had a friend do that to me while we were playing a match where we were trash talking all day. We were all square thru 16 when he stuffed one to 3 feet on 17. After I tapped in for par, and threw me the ball and said "Clean this for me before I make this putt."

So I pour some water on the ball like I was going to clean it, and threw it in the bunker. He was pissed. Missed the putt, then proceeded to blow up on 18.

Did he call you a c***?
Aggie1391
quote:
quote:
quote:
The Caddie-Ball Toss

Did he call you a c***?

That was one of the many words he called me
Just an Ag
AG
Thanks for the LOL's.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.