Need advice... Jordan Spieth signed Masters putter

3,886 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Phat32
booradley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hey guys... I bought one of the 2015 masters putters by Scotty Cameron at this masters... they only make a few hundred of them...

and then Jordan won...

and then a buddy of mine got him to sign it. (see pic)

questions: would you keep it or sell it?

where would you sell it?

what do you think its worth?

thanks

http://i.imgur.com/a2y8gVm.jpg[/img]" />
The Milkman
AG
What's the putter sell for in the shop?
92TXAG
AG
Neither; both are bad ideas...

Just give to me and all will be good; you'll never have to worry about this ever again and you'll feel good about your magnanimous deed
LeFraud
keep it

Milkman: looks like it probably was around 1,000. Looks like only 300 were sold.

keep it

There are a few unsigned listed on ebay between 1,300 - 1,500.

keep it

The signature is obviously what makes this almost invaluable. I think you could realistically get easily get 5,000 for it if you listed it on ebay today, if not more. In 20 years? who knows, if Speith goes on to win 10+ majors, who knows what you could get for a putter like this.

keep it
Yesterday
AG
It's all about supply and demand. Arnold Palmer's signature isn't worth much because he signs everything, same for Mickey Mantle. Sometimes striking while the iron is hot is the way to go, especially if Jordan starts signing everything under the sun for the next few years. A signed Manziel jersey right after the 2013 season was a big ticket but now not so much. Also, regarding eBay, you have to look at completed listings and not what people are asking. Sports memorabilia is way down and even with a hot item like that I'd be shocked if you could get $5k for it but then again it's not what it's worth it's what someone is willing to pay. If you're lucky you'll find a drunk rich t-sip that loves golf and loves Scotty Cameron's.
Yesterday
AG
And I'd keep it.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
ill give you $1200
Quinn
AG
Keep it. It's cooler than whatever you'd do with $1000.
birdman
I have no idea what it's worth.

If it truly was worth $5k, I'd sell it in a heartbeat. You could come up with awesome golf trip to Scotland for that money.

That's better than a putter to me.
Brick Tamland
Just give it to me
BigHitterDaLama
Saw one of his actual putters sell a few months back for $2700. Much harder to get one of those.
Mr.Bond
AG
I'd say burn it.
Unemployed
AG
Wait until he win a few more Masters and then sell it.
aggiepaintrain
AG
if you can make a G sell it
jj9000
AG
Lefraud is correct.

It would be difficult to buy a IBJS putter in the Masters shop when he hadn't won yet.

Hey, at least you know how I feel about the IBJS.
LeFraud
I don't believe the putter from the OP is the "inspired by" Spieth putter. I think he has the 2015 Masters putter that is put out every year...
mt3950
AG
Sell the **** out of it before the ink rubs off of that rubber grip...
bagger05
AG
Signel
AG
Sell all of it, and buy something you will use.. Signatures are useless =)
Ag_07
AG
Signatures are cool for 8 year olds.

Sell this and cash in on someone willing to pay for a useless autograph.

Buy yourself something nice that you can actually benefit from.
LeFraud
I don't think Boo "needs" to sell this...
Elmo Lincoln
AG
Unless you need the money, I don't know why you'd want to sell that putter. And we've seen pics of your backyard practice complex, so...
bagger05
AG
Problem with stuff like this is what would you even do with it? If I had this stuff I would have no way to display it.
Ag_07
AG
It would be a different story if you met him, talked with him a bit, and he signed it 'To booradley...Hit 'em straight and Gig Em! Jordan Spieth' then you'd have a real keepsake. If there's no story behind it what's the point?

OK...Congrats...Now you have a sweet putter you'll never use.
booradley
AG
thanks for all the responses.... much appreciated...

I plan to sell it.... I have lots of signed golf stuff by golf greats and it just sits on the shelf...

one of my nightmares is that I get hit by a bus and die and my wife and kids (who don't really get my passion for golf) will give all my stuff away at a garage sale...

and getting to that point in life where stuff doesn't matter...

so back to the questions:

what do you think its worth?

how would you sell it?

thanks all.. always enjoy these discussions...
Ag_07
AG
Don't call this guy

I think you can probably get $1500 for it but that's just a guess.

I'd try the GolfWRX classified board. There are some guys on there who don't mind dropping some coin for golf stuff. Plus someone there would understand it's value a bit more.
jj9000
AG
quote:
how would you sell it?

If you want the most bang for your buck, sign up (if you haven't already) at TCC (The Cameron Collector).

http://www.cameroncollector.com/

I think they just changed the rules over there about Selling (minimum of 175 posts or something like that).

Those guys are some of the most passionate and knowledgeable Cameron collectors on the planet.

Your putter will fetch a small fortune over there.

LeFraud
quote:
one of my nightmares is that I get hit by a bus and die and my wife and kids (who don't really get my passion for golf) will give all my stuff away at a garage sale...
Cimarron Hills in Georgetown, right? Looks like I need to subscribe to the local newspaper...
mongey donk
AG
if you were a true Aggie you would trade it for the sweat stained hat I have signed by Ryan Palmer...
booradley
AG
its for sale...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291525144949?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Unemployed
AG
$7500 and you still gonna charge $18 for shipping?
Ag_07
AG
Better than asking $18 and charging $7500 for shipping

I hate that kinda nonsense on Ebay
Quinn
AG
quote:
$7500 and you still gonna charge $18 for shipping?
Ha I thought the same thing
Goose
AG
quote:

The way this is typically phrased is... one of my nightmares is that I get hit by a bus and die and my wife sells all my golf equipment for what I told her I paid for it...
92TXAG
AG
today is the kid's 22 birthday; I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't move before EOD...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.