La Cantera - San Antonio

1,361 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by RigsTx
The System
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The System
AG
I can only play 18. Those of you that have played, would you recommend the Palmer course or the Resort course?
UTex09
I prefer the Palmer but you can't go wrong with either. They're both great, but prepare yourself to get held up by foursomes of hackers staying at the hotel who have no idea how to let people play through. The few times I've played I've run into this problem.
lknapp
Lots of blind shots on the Palmer.. I'd play the resort unless you're playing with someone whose played the Palmer.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
Lots of blind shots on the Palmer.. I'd play the resort unless you're playing with someone whose played the Palmer.
This.
SW AG80
AG
quote:
quote:
This.
This x2.
DOCAG79
AG
Resort course hands down! Way too many blind shots on the Palmer.
The System
AG
Thanks. Played the resort course this morning and it is in fantastic shape. Difficult but fun. If you are not in the fairway, you are in trouble. Pace of play was no problem and the employees were top notch. If you are in the SA area, this is a great course.
Matsui
AG
Definitely not Palmer. A joke.
RigsTx
AG
Playing tomorrow with my nephew.
AggieT
AG
quote:

Absolutely this. I played both two weeks ago and much prefered the resort course.
AggieT
AG
quote:
Thanks. Played the resort course this morning and it is in fantastic shape. Difficult but fun. If you are not in the fairway, you are in trouble. Pace of play was no problem and the employees were top notch. If you are in the SA area, this is a great course.

Yep. If you aren't in the fairway it is hard to even find your ball.
The System
AG
The good news is every time I shanked one, I found 1/2 dozen ProV 1s. I lost 4-5 balls and probably came home +20 on balls.
AggieT
AG
You're welcome.
RigsTx
AG
Played the resort course this morning. It was in great shape. Wish I putted a little better. Didn't lose a ball though. 76 from the tips.
The System
AG
quote:
Played the resort course this morning. It was in great shape. Wish I putted a little better. Didn't lose a ball though. 76 from the tips.

And I was feeling good about my 94 from the golds
agsalaska
AG
Am I right that the Palmer was the course the pros used to play? If I remember right they didnt really like it.
SW AG80
AG
Pros played the resort course and it was way too easy for them.
RigsTx
AG
They played the Resort course I believe, but they played it as a Par 70 instead of 72. #5 and #10 were played as Par 4s. I can definitely see how pros could go low, but a couple holes did have some weird distances to lay up to.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.