New Mizuno iron - sooooo sexy

2,936 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by booradley
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not good enough to play these but can't wait until I am. Click link for more images.

Ag pride
AG
drooling.....
booradley
AG
I played mp-30's for years and I thought they were great. I realize now it was mostly ego.

playing fourteen golf irons now. much easier to hit and the same orgasmic forged feel.

mizuno's are the best in the world when you hit them on the button.

but who can find the button every time? there's a ton of clubs out there that are easier to hit...
Ag pride
AG
quote:
I played mp-30's for years and I thought they were great. I realize now it was mostly ego.

playing fourteen golf irons now. much easier to hit and the same orgasmic forged feel.

mizuno's are the best in the world when you hit them on the button.

but who can find the button every time? there's a ton of clubs out there that are easier to hit...
I guess if you're talking about a "players" iron, but IMHO Mizuno makes plenty of irons for the guy that shoots 95+, but still gives them an incredible feel
Sooner Born
I might be time for the MP-32's to be put to pasture.
BarryProfit
What do you think is appropriate handicap for those cavity backs?
LeFraud
Which fourteen irons do you play? Have you hit other fourteen sets?
AgEng06
saltydog13
AG
Those MP-5's look damn good! Like someone already said, they look like a solid replacement for my old MP-32s
Matsui
AG
Definitely less than 10. Probably less than 6.
Yesterday
AG
quote:

I started playing CB's when I was a 15. They helped me improve my ball striking greatly. Ithey slowed my swing down and helped me get a consistent tempo. Otherwise I was hitting it off center and felt it immediately.

I would say if you want to shoot the best round you can as a 15 hc then play a game improvement iron, but if your ultimate goal is to get better and you have time to practice I would recommend a CB.

Just my 2 Cents.
agsalaska
AG
quote:
quote:

I started playing CB's when I was a 15. They helped me improve my ball striking greatly. Ithey slowed my swing down and helped me get a consistent tempo. Otherwise I was hitting it off center and felt it immediately.

I would say if you want to shoot the best round you can as a 15 hc then play a game improvement iron, but if your ultimate goal is to get better and you have time to practice I would recommend a CB.

Just my 2 Cents.

I agree. People take the wrong approach in my mind. Anyone who can break 80 and play consistently will be better with performance irons, including blades.

I have hit blades for years. Currently Wilson Staff FG62 irons. I am looking to replace them for a few reasons. For a while I thought 'more forgiving' might be helpful but I have reconsidered that. I need something more upright, want different shafts and probably want to ad a half inch. Those Mizunos would be perfect.
bogustrumper
AG
I'm getting back into golf. I've been going to the range. Realize my whole set is out of date. I see "great deals" out there but don't want to get taken. Also don't mind spending some but I want to be smart. Ideas?
Ag_07
AG
Go to a club fitter and hit on a machine. You'll be able to hit a bunch of clubs on a bunch of shafts. He'll be able to fit you into a combo that'll get the most out of your swing.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
they moved the stamping...the MP4's are the same stick

AgDotCom
The MP-5 looks very similar to the MP-4 but the difference is more than stamping.

The 5s....

- Have a thicker top line which is very evident at address.

- Are a little longer heel to toe.

- Has a "channel back" design that you can't see very well in that photo which is supposed to be a more forgiving design. I doubt it's much more forgiving, it's still a blade.

Bottom line is the 5 should play more like an MP-64 than it will an MP-4.
LeFraud
quote:

Paging boo
jj9000
AG
quote:
quote:

Paging boo

Man, he's in his backyard golf paradise...He ain't got got time for this.
booradley
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Paging boo

Man, he's in his backyard golf paradise...He ain't got got time for this.
sorry... haven't been here every day...

I play the Fourteen TC-777... best club I've ever hit. its got the orgasmic forged feel of a Mizuno but its really easy to hit...

but be careful of the lofts. they're easily a club longer than other clubs. the longest iron I carry now is a 5 iron.. its basically the same distance as my old 4 iron's of the past...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.