College Station Golf

2,197 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by tex5mlb
cab595
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going to be playing in CS in a few weeks. How is the condition at campus course and pebble creek?
Thisguy1
I've lived in BCS my entire life and I've never played Pebble Creek so I can't speak on it, but I play the CC probably 2-3 times a week and it has spoiled me.

I played Muni not to long ago, obviously low expectations were met for that. Briarcrest was pretty rough the other day, and I'm on my way home from the Frio where I played at Concan Country Club, which is nice, but the greens were soft and recently verticut.

I will play at The Campus Course over anywhere else I can play in BCS damn near every time. Nice and open, rough makes you pay, bunkers are usually kept up nicely along with other course maintenance, and the greens are usually fast and roll true.
Thisguy1
^^that being said, they're still having problems with the grass on what is now 1 green. I can't remember any other greens with big problems.
VegasT
AG
Was out at Pebble Creek this past week and the course is in great shape. There are a few rough spots on 2 & 3, I think, where wild hogs have come in but those have been cleaned up pretty well given the damage that was done.

Texas Ag 15
AG
Played Monday at the campus course. They punched the greens last week so it's still taking some time to recover. I would say give it a couple weeks and it'll be back to where it should be. Only complaint I had was that there was a couple course maintenance things that should've been taken care of. Some bunkers weren't raked at all where you'd you get a lie in someone's shoe mark and marks on the green weren't fixed. Understand it's a public course with college kids ( hell im a college kid myself) but still disappointed people don't appreciate the course enough to take care of it.
jmh3209
AG
Pebble is in good shape, nothing to worry about if you go out there. A buddy of mine works out there and we have played about 5 weekends there this summer with no problem, the cantina is nice to get a drink at after also.
resmith09
AG
Is Pebble only open to members?
tex5mlb
Yes, Pebble is still private. I could setup a tee time for unaccompanied guests if needed.
resmith09
AG
I'll keep that in mind! I just set up a tee time at the campus course for my upcoming visit, but I'd love to play pebble creek the next time I'm in town if the offer stands.
Gaucho
AG
Take the short drive over to Pecan Lakes in Navasota.
Rusty GCS
AG
quote:
Was out at Pebble Creek this past week and the course is in great shape. There are a few rough spots on 2 & 3, I think, where wild hogs have come in but those have been cleaned up pretty well given the damage that was done.

Is number 3 the Par 3? Cows or hogs love that green for some reason
birdman
Holes 2 and 3 are straight par fours. They're both kinda narrow. They are one of lower parts of course. It got soggy when we had all the rain. Then the hogs wallow in it and root up the grass because it's easy digging. They've trapped decent amount in last month.

Pebble Creek is in great shape.
Rev98
AG
Tex5mlb, is your offer still outstanding? How is Pebble Creek playing this week?
tex5mlb
Played 9 holes Sunday and greens are still recovering from last week's aerification. Should be better as weekend approaches.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.