Bubba painting his General Lee

1,716 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by saltydog13
Thisguy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I'm guessing one or three of his sponsors are behind this.
Matsui
AG
That is correct. People don't like pressure from sponsors.
Yesterday
AG
I guess he just had an epiphany all of a sudden. It was just fine for the last 3 years. I get that he's covering it up but the "all men are created equal" line is a little dramatic.
Bondag
saltydog13
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Watch Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee where Seinfeld has Steve Harvey on. He was "pressured" to apologize for a joke he made in his stand up act since he has a TV show. You can tell it burned him up but he had to do it so save $. This has to be the same thing since they made a big deal about the car a couple of years ago.

We are off the rails as a society.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Stupid is as stupid does.

It's a kiss-ass attention grab so we can all marvel at what a good guy this socially awkward dumbass is.
KatyAg01
AG
quote:
I guess he just had an epiphany all of a sudden. It was just fine for the last 3 years. I get that he's covering it up but the "all men are created equal" line is a little dramatic.
Sums it up quite well. Although I don't think covering it up is going to prove anything other than he's too easily influenced by what a bunch of people he doesn't know and will never meet think of his car's paint job. What a stupid thing to do.
saltydog13
AG
It's no longer the General Lee either
Mr.Bond
AG
So ****ing tired of "pc America"
Matsui
AG
This is more on the pressure of sponsors and interest groups for him to do this. There was nothing wrong with it 2 weeks ago.
jja79
AG
Context. What was it, 2 weeks ago a wacko draped in that flag slaughtered 8 innocent people? The grace, humanity and forgiveness show by the victim's families stood out in the situation. So yes there is a difference in this from 2 weeks ago.
Bondag
AG
quote:
Context. What was it, 2 weeks ago a wacko draped in that flag slaughtered 8 innocent people? The grace, humanity and forgiveness show by the victim's families stood out in the situation. So yes there is a difference in this from 2 weeks ago.
I am glad we are spending so much time focusing on a flag and ignoring the fact this kid had issues and racism was the least of them.

I own multiple guns, but I don't just go kill anyone I don't agree with. To have that mindset to go kill innocent people goes beyond racism. I am not saying that isn't still an issue, but to think every redneck racist is going to go on a killing spree is ignorance.

If the media spent half the time on the mental health issues of these killers as they did trying to drum up another story, we could bring light to the real problem, but that doesn't make headlines. Let's just report in a golfer painting a flag on his car instead.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't buy the sponsor stuff. A reasonable person just lays low about the car while a few news cycles pass. It's a piece of tv history. This was purely Bubba wanting some attention.

At this point, stopping with the paint job is silly. Need to rename it the General Grant.
leachfan
He should just sell it and buy another Charger.
JYDog90
AG
quote:
It's no longer the General Lee either

He's calling it Brad.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Any of y'all listen to the Russ Martin Show in the Metroplex? He's got one of these and had been staunchly against covering it up. Realizes it may be good to lay low but ****, it's from a *********TV show.

PC bull ****.

Just an attention grab by that sore ass loser Bubba.
Tom Hagen
AG
Bubba is a scalawag.
07fta07
AG
Clay Travis wrote a pretty good article on Outkick about it.
Bubba's a *****.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Raining on Bubba today. Water on the clubface, bro
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Raining on Bubba today. Water on the clubface, bro
dcrewint
As much as I loved the Dukes of Hazard as a kid and as much as a PR it could be, I'm glad he's doing it. Forget the kid, think of the political stance of the Confederacy. How ridiculous would it be if we saw people driving Swastika painted rooftops. That's pretty silly, right? Considering the beliefs behind it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/bubba-watson-is-an-idiot-and-a-coward-070315
Mr.Bond
AG
saltydog13
AG
One hell of an article and couldn't be more true. He hit the nail on the head about what's wrong with our country. Also, spot on about bubba as well
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.