Buying new Irons....

1,005 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Txroper
Bigderk21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking at the Taylormade tour preferred MC. Does anyone have these? Any reviews positive or negative?

Open to hearing what irons other might recommend.
Texas Ag 15
AG
I recently got Titleist AP2's for 4-6 and then the Cavity backs for 7-PW. Reason for the split set is that I hit the ball high already that my fitter recommended the Cavity Backs with the more forgiving AP2's for longer irons. You're definitely not gonna hit the ball several yards further then you did before cause that's not what Titleist makes. I went one club longer but that could be just because I finally got fitted. My irons are the smoothest ones I've hit and I've hit those Taylormade's that you're looking at along with the Rsi2. It's going to be personal preference but with the consistency of Titliest irons you just can't go wrong. You'll see a lot of people that play them and for good reason too
mt3950
AG
What?!?!?!
Matsui
AG
Wow long post with no review on the tm irons
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
Never owned them, but I worked the last year of college at a country club with an assistant pro being on TaylorMade's staff.

He hit the MC's and loved them so much that when the R Bladez Tour irons came out and they were forcing him to hit them, he just sold the brand new R Bladez to me for half price and borrowed them whenever the TM rep was around.
BEaggie08
AG
I don't have any insight into those Taylor Mades. I have play TMs in the past, but I just bought new irons about a month ago and went with the Mizuno JPX 850s. Loving them so far.
BigHitterDaLama
I had the 2011 MCs......I like the older ones vs newer stuff but I feel that about pretty much all TM stuff. I would hit/test the titleist MCs if you want a True players forged blade.
mt3950
AG
quote:
I'm looking at the Taylormade tour preferred MC. Does anyone have these? Any reviews positive or negative?

Open to hearing what irons other might recommend.

Check out the mizuno mp15's. Very solid irons.
Txroper
AG
Dont know much about the TM but a friend of mine just got the Callaway Apex with the KBS shafts in them and they feel really good and I am a Titleist fan.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.