Lessons in Austin?

2,023 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by resmith09
resmith09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations on best places for lessons in Austin? Preferably that doesn't break the bank...
Golf Nut 04
AG
Any specific part of town or just Austin in general?
resmith09
AG
Anything around downtown or south/southwest. I can easily get to Dripping Springs, Bee Caves, Manchaca, etc.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I play out at Falconhead and my kids go to their camps. I have never had a lesson, but I do know they have a few folks with varying fees.

Jim, the head of instruction just left for WolfDancer from what I heard. Have not met the new guy/gal yet.
Golf Nut 04
AG
Ron Miller at The Hills Country Club
Lonny Alexander at Onion Creek
Christy Longfield at Spanish Oaks

Unfortunately I don't know how much they charge but those three came to mind (in no particular order). Good luck to you.
2DollarYo
AG
quote:
I play out at Falconhead and my kids go to their camps. I have never had a lesson, but I do know they have a few folks with varying fees.

Jim, the head of instruction just left for WolfDancer from what I heard. Have not met the new guy/gal yet.

Apparently Falconhead just got purchased by another group and is planning major renovations and will be investing in a player development center.

May be worth checking that out to get in early before they upgrade facilities.
SLF11
AG
Took lessons from Lonny Alexander at Onion Creek for over 8 years. Good guy and great teacher. (also a very good player himself)
robdobyns
AG
Michael Wray at Falconhead. Is TPI CERTIFIED and worked under Mike Adams. Great guy. Is the new Director of Instruction there.

Kyle Jerome at the academy of golf in the Hills of Lakeway. Worked under Bill Moretti for years.
Both are around 80 bucks for 30 minutes.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
Ron Miller at The Hills Country Club
Lonny Alexander at Onion Creek
Christy Longfield at Spanish Oaks

Unfortunately I don't know how much they charge but those three came to mind (in no particular order). Good luck to you.

Ron Miller. That's my first recommendation as well.
saltydog13
AG
Lonny out at Onion Creek.
voorheesdn
AG
I used Garry Rippy who works as the player development coordinator for the City of Austin and also teaches at Barton Creek. Great guy and really helped me. Reasonable rates too.
resmith09
AG
Does anyone know/heard anything about Grey Rock? I saw online they had pretty reasonable rates as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.