ShadowGlen GC in Manor

707 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tony Franklins Other Shoe
2DollarYo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just played there today for the first time. Really enjoyed the course. Some really challenging holes from the tips. Plays just over 7100 yards.

Shot an 82 with 4 three putts and a double on #13.

A few of the par 3's had me going back and forth between clubs.

Par 5's (#13 in particular) required absolute precision the whole way. Narrow fairway. Thick trees to right. Homes to left. At 150 there's a big drop off that makes approach shots hard. Elevated green with sand and a hidden creek right in front of the lay up landing area. I thought I was playing safe with my lay up and I found the creek. Tiered green that can get you if on wrong level. Very intimidating hole as you line up your tee shot.

Greens are large and in very good condition. Fairways had a little more clay than I prefer but all in all I was very impressed with the course. Great golf holes all around. Really looking forward to the next round with some more course knowledge.

Twilight rate of $25 for 18 cart included and got the round done in just over 3 hours.

stick93
AG
I really enjoy that course. Especially the front nine. And #13 is a bear for me. After 20 rounds I still don't know where to lay up on that hole. Good to hear the greens are good. We have given it a break for a couple of months because the poa annua was so bad in the spring. Course is a real bargain and it typically feels like you are the only one out there.
2DollarYo
AG
quote:
Course is a real bargain and it typically feels like you are the only one out there.

It sure did. That was another bonus.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Played it a year ago, really liked it. I can see you would have to play it quite a few times to get comfortable with placement of your shots.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.