Golfer shoots a 57........

3,177 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
bdgol07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/va-golfer-makes-three-aces-shoots-57/?cid=twitter-gc-a-va-golfer-makes-three-aces-shoots-57-062615

Not sure about this one. He seems pretty sure about it though
powerbelly
AG

quote:
He said he has carded "numerous" rounds of 59 and entered the day with 22 career aces, including four on par 4s. Those numbers have now been beefed up to 25 and six, respectively.
I would say he needs to move back a tee box or two.
Unemployed
AG
You've found mfbarnes!!!
ORAggieFan
AggieKatie2
AG
As someone who has played that course multiple times....I call bull****. It isn't the toughest course in the world by any stretch, but bull****.
Ag_07
AG
Stopped reading here

quote:
shot a 57 in the second round, highlighted by three holes-in-one. Two of them came on par-4 holes.
Something isn't right
quote:
22 career aces, including four on par 4s. Those numbers have now been beefed up to 25 and six, respectively.
agsalaska
AG
I can imagine the score from 6000 yards. That's real short, especially for a +4. There are VERY few guys that good, and from 6000 yards you could realistically be on the green or greenside on 8-10 holes looking at eagles with wedge in your hand on all of the par 3s.

But 3 hole in ones, including 2 on Par 4s, I dont know about that.
jj9000
AG
quote:
During his reign as the unquestioned, unchallenged leader of the secretive nation, Kim, according to official North Korean state media reports, routinely shot three or four holes-in-one per round of golf.

But in the 1990s - another moment in time when an event in North Korea varies (some say it happened in 1991 and others in 1994), the late dictator, then 50 (or 53) years old, set a golfing standard that will assuredly never be surpassed. It occurred at the grand opening of the Pyongyang Golf Complex, which contains North Korea's only 18-hole golf course.

After picking up a golf club that day for the very first time in his life, the Dear Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea fired a 38-under-par round of 34 at Pyongyang. According to the 17 security guards who observed the performance, the score included an amazing 11 aces. Naturally, the event was dutifully reported to the North Korean masses by the state news agency.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Dear Leader is the GOAT not Tiger.
watty
AG
Man, that is the biggest crock of BS I have ever read. Yes, I'm calling that guy and his witnesses liars. There is no way that story is true. What I just don't get is what is the point of wasting everyone's time with this lie?

(p.s. I'm talking about the OP's article, not our Dear Leader. We all know Dear Leader really did do all those things.)
TheGreatScott12
AG
If it was a 57 with one hole in on on a par 3 I wouldn't question it at all with the length of the course but 2 on par 4's? I don't know about that.
Yesterday
AG
Two of his witnesses were his sons and the third a friend. If that did happen he just wasted incredible odds on a story that no one will ever believe. He should have cashed in on the mega millions.
watty
AG
On a normal PGA tour stop, there are about 1500-1700 par 3's played that week, and on average, about one ace per tournament. So let's pretend this guy is as good as a PGA pro, and the par 3 was an easier pin placement than they typically see on Tour, so let's put his odds of an ace on a par 3 at 1,000 to 1.

Acing three of those in a single round, even at those ridiculously low odds, would be a 1 out of 1,000,000,000 proposition.

Now you factor in that not one but TWO of his aces were supposedly on par 4's. In the history of the PGA Tour, there has been ONE ace of a par four. One. And this guy supposedly had two in the same round.

There is basically no way that this occurred.
EMY92
AG
In a tournament situation, I'd assume that a group had just cleared the green on the par 4. You'd have to think that someone in the preceding group would have witnessed the ace, if not on the first par 4 hole in 1, but definitely on the second. If I have someone behind me in a tourney that was that good, you'd better believe that I'd be watching what he's doing.
AggieC07
AG
+4, wouldn't that put him in the top half of touring pros?
HouAggie
AG
No. +4 is probably equivalent to someone who struggles to survive on mini-tours and then quits and gets a real job.
ORAggieFan
quote:
+4, wouldn't that put him in the top half of touring pros?
I don't think so.
EMY92
AG
Are we sure that this isn't the course that he was playing?

LeFraud
Maybe these were the greens?

jj9000
AG
^^^

I Double Bogeyed that hole.
DRE06
AG
quote:
^^^

I Double Bogeyed that hole.

GIR, but 4-putted?
DannyDuberstein
AG
You'd still have a bunch of people on this board telling you that the first thing you need to do is go work on your short game.
Goose
AG
I figured for sure that this was some kind of hoax, but here's a picture of the guy on 18:

birdman
So his three hole in ones put him at 8 under...Then he plays the other 15 holes with 7 birdies and 8 pars, or something similar?

I think I'd press my bet and play another 18.
watty
AG
And according to the article, he even bogeyed one hole and three putted for par on another. Right...
Shane431
AG
Sorry but I think the story is plausible. I've shot lower than that. Luckily the back 9 my game improved!
Tom Hagen
AG
We have all probably played against this guy's group in a 4 man scramble.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
You'd still have a bunch of people on this board telling you that the first thing you need to do is go work on your short game.

I'm done. EOT
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.