Played like **** today

2,779 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by shotcaller1
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Buffalo Creek. I've never been before.

Nice course. Pretty tight in places.
Worlds Foremost Ag
AG
I've been limiting myself to double bogeys lately, mostly to keep pace. If I don't hole out at +2 on the hole , I pick up and go to the next hole. This early in my game I'm just trying to make decent shots, so I usually don't keep score. I don't think it does me much good to keep hacking past +2 and it can slow the pace.
98Ag99Grad
AG
How is The Falls these days? Is it ever crowded? Last time I went on a Friday it was me and one other group on the whole course.
Brick Tamland
quote:
quote:
Buffalo Creek. I've never been before.

Nice course. Pretty tight in places.

Should make for an interesting round then!
AustinCountyAg
Yesterday for me was the most crowded I've seen it in a while, which might've been one reason it affected my play. I was expecting an empty course to have to myself and work on things. I had to play through a couple times and every time I do that I rush shots and my tempo gets screwed..... Having said that when I teed off their were a few groups ahead of me and a couple behind. It seemed like everyone just happened to want to start at the same time yesterday..... You add all of us up and I say their might've been twenty people total who played the course yesterday
Quinn
AG
Eh, I think its worth it a lot of times to finish out the hole. You've got to learn to do it and it will help you mentally prepare to do so as your score comes down. Now if you are pitching it back and forth over the green and just can't do anything on the hole, I understand and have done that before. But a lot of times I think it will make you become a better golf because its easier to just keep accepting a double vs finishing out the hole and having to write down a 9.
Ag_07
AG
Hard to keep pace while finishing out and shooting 110+
Quinn
AG
I've done multiple times and have been able to keep up with the group in front of me just fine - you just have to play ready golf and play quickly. Both guys are ready to hit rather than one chilling in the cart, waiting to drive over to his ball that he is going to top and roll 30 yards forward.

I agree if its an empty course, but I think its very possible on a crowded, normal weekend course.
rondis23
AG
quote:
At 128 get off the course.

I don't care where you go but get off the course. Driving range, putting green, Top Golf, whatever but you have no business being on a course at 128.

Hate to sound rude but get a bit better before hitting a course.

Ouch! Might be one of the rudest posts of all time around here.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Your place on the golf course is behind the group in front of you, not in front of the group behind you. If you can do that, your score is irrelevant to the rest of the course.
shotcaller1
AG
As long as you're not holding anyone up, who cares what you're shooting?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.