Played like **** today

2,788 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by shotcaller1
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been a helluva run but today sucked. Couldn't do anything right. Plan on drinking heavily and trying again tomorrow.
CapCityAg89
AG
Your plan is flawed. Drink heavily WHILE trying again tomorrow.
khaos288
AG
Shot 128. One hundred, and twenty eight shots. **** my life. I'm drunk.
Yesterday
AG
I have an 18 month old and a 10 day old! F U guys who are playing at all!
mt3950
AG
quote:
Shot 128. One hundred, and twenty eight shots. **** my life. I'm drunk.

Get on the practice green...fastest way to shave 10 strokes off of that score.
khaos288
AG
Actually putted pretty well....the irons were what killed me. The course we played had no bunkers, just water everywhere. Lost so many balls...we had never played it before
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, get to that practice green where you could have salvaged a 122.
Ag_07
AG
At 128 get off the course.

I don't care where you go but get off the course. Driving range, putting green, Top Golf, whatever but you have no business being on a course at 128.

Hate to sound rude but get a bit better before hitting a course.
mt3950
AG
quote:
Actually putted pretty well....the irons were what killed me. The course we played had no bunkers, just water everywhere. Lost so many balls...we had never played it before

Damn some of these guys are pretty harsh. I'm sure they all shot 82 the first time they teed it up.

Just out of curiosity, how many putts did you have? Did you keep track of them?
mt3950
AG
quote:

I don't care where you go but get off the course. Driving range, putting green, Top Golf, whatever but you have no business being on a course at 128.

Easy man...everyone starts somewhere. What are you gonna tell your kids when they're 12 and want to play a course but can't break 120?
Ag_07
AG
That's exactly what I'll tell them.

We didn't get on the course till we were shooting around 110. Took lessons and junior clinics, driving range, and par 3 course. That's ridiculous to be playing on a course on Saturday and shooting 128.

It can't be fun for you, you're playing partners, and the groups behind you.
the dude10
AG
Well I work on a golf course and I am going to guess that around 50% of our revenue comes from people out there having a great time shooting well over 100. As long as you are keeping up with the group in front of you it isn't a problem.
DannyDuberstein
AG
i didn't realize anyone actually shoots 128, at least not on a Saturday. Seems like there would be enough pickups, drop on the other side of the hazard, etc where it would be "I would have shot about a 125".

Anyway, everyone has to start somewhere, and it is possible to keep up while shooting a high score. I just found it funny that he got the cliche advice to go spend his time on the practice green so that he can get up and down in 2 after hitting 5-6 miserable shots to get on or near the green.
BigHitterDaLama
Have a buddy here in socal who is in the same boat shooting 120 up. Have told him to sitck to the less busy and shorter executive courses......plenty for him to focus on just hitting iron shots and short game without worrying about long driver carries, water etc.
wsjag
AG
Please don't be a jerk Ag07 - everyone has a bad day and with the attitude you are displaying of "You don't belong on a course if you shoot X" you probably aren't fun to play with.

Like the poster above said - who cares what you shoot as long as you have fun, play fast and know/play by the rules/etiquette.
khaos288
AG
quote:
That's exactly what I'll tell them.

We didn't get on the course till we were shooting around 110. Took lessons and junior clinics, driving range, and par 3 course. That's ridiculous to be playing on a course on Saturday and shooting 128.

It can't be fun for you, you're playing partners, and the groups behind you.
The worst day of golf is better than the best day of chores, and we were constantly waiting on the group in front of us. We weren't holding anyone up. I normally shoot around 100. That's why it wasa joke of a bad day.
So you sir can go to hell. I play the 9 hole course all the time, and hit the driving range plenty. I shot 101 last Saturday, and just ended up in the water a lot on a new course. I'm sure you silver toe balls, hit 4 mulligans, and a breakfast ball and hit "79" but I keep an actual score, no matter how bad. No need to be rude, especially considering we weren't holding anyone up. The game needs a friendly environment or else it's going to die. Please consider that before you open your mouth again.
khaos288
AG
quote:
quote:

Damn some of these guys are pretty harsh. I'm sure they all shot 82 the first time they teed it up.

Just out of curiosity, how many putts did you have? Did you keep track of them?
two four putts, four three putts, ten 2 putts, 2 one putts, so 42? That averages to 2.3 putts. My short game is probably the strongest. I've got the driver under control, but I don't hit it very far. I just couldn't hit the irons at all yesterday, couple that with all the water, and it was disaster. I am just going to hit the range today, and get the swing right. Then, probably play another 18 to get that taste out of my mouth haha
jj9000
AG
Well...this thread took a turn.

I tell this to a good buddy of mine who doesn't play a lot. Nobody else cares about how high or how low anyone else is going (unless money is on the line).

Better players care more about pace of play than what kind of a day other players are having. Why? Because they're focusing on their own game and their next shot.

I'd much rather play in a group of 100+ shooters that kept pace and understood etiquette, than play in a group of scratch golfers who plodded around the course way behind pace.

BTW...khaos...I think you're in DFW...if you want to tee it up, let me know.
Ag_07
AG
You win. I'm out
khaos288
AG
quote:
You win. I'm out
Well now I feel bad for saying go to hell, sorry haha.
Ag_07
AG
No hard feelings and I'm by no means saying you have no place in the game. I wasn't trying to be rude and run anyone off.

I just think it'd be difficult to shoot that score and keep pace. With pace of playing being such an issue in the game both with amateurs and pros it's important to keep in mind when venturing out on a weekend.

And I echo that if you're having fun then keep on keeping on. Hell my dad is a hack but he has fun and I enjoy rounds with him everytime, but I also don't invite him if I know I'm playing on a busy course with my normal foursome of 10 HCers that like to play for money and keep it moving. He doesn't like playing with us either.

Just know your environment and the situation and all will be well.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:

Easy man...everyone starts somewhere. What are you gonna tell your kids when they're 12 and want to play a course but can't break 120?
if a 12 year old is just starting out they stay at the range until they can hit the ball decently. How is a 128 even fun?
khaos288
AG
quote:
No hard feelings and I'm by no means saying you have no place in the game. I wasn't trying to be rude and run anyone off.

I just think it'd be difficult to shoot that score and keep pace. With pace of playing being such an issue in the game both with amateurs and pros it's important to keep in mind when venturing out on a weekend.

And I echo that if you're having fun then keep on keeping on. Hell my dad is a hack but he has fun and I enjoy rounds with him everytime, but I also don't invite him if I know I'm playing on a busy course with my normal foursome of 10 HCers that like to play for money and keep it moving. He doesn't like playing with us either.

Just know your environment and the situation and all will be well.

Oh for sure. We were catching the group ahead of us and it was late in the day so no one was behind us.
Mr. Nussbaum
AG
Your place on the golf course is behind the group in front of you, not in front of the group behind you. If you can do that, your score is irrelevant to the rest of the course.
khaos288
AG
Played great today (for me) if it wasn't for two bad holes (an 8 and 9) I would have broke 100 easy (102 on the day). Even had an eagle opportunity on 3, but settled for birdie. Played pecan hollow. Crazy how different two days of golf go.
the dude10
AG
Hell, it can go very differently in the same day. I played 36 the other day going 95 in the morning and 75 in the afternoon. This game just always keeps you chasing those good rounds
BigHitterDaLama
Morning hangover?
the dude10
AG
I wish I had that excuse! The morning course was a little more difficult and very wet. Like cart path only, every stance squishy wet. All of that aside I just didn't strike the ball very well in the morning and in the 2nd round I only had a couple bad shots. Interesting how you can find one little swing thought during the day that helps so much.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Much better today. Yesterday was just one of those days I guess.
agracer
AG
quote:
I'd much rather play in a group of 100+ shooters that kept pace and understood etiquette, than play in a group of scratch golfers who plodded around the course way behind pace.
The only time etiquette matters in a group of 100+ shooters is on the green...and really it's just don't walk across someone's line and keep quite and don't move around while someone is putting. Other than that, find your ball, get your club out and hit it (IE Play "ready golf").
Brick Tamland
quote:
quote:
quote:

if a 12 year old is just starting out they stay at the range until they can hit the ball decently. How is a 128 even fun?

I'm 24 and consistently score between 115 and 125. I have a blast every time I play. I've also never been guilty of holding anyone up. I'm going in Rockwall Wednesday, so we will see how that one goes.
AustinCountyAg
Played a very frustrating round today at The Falls. My driver has been very good for me the past couple months but it was nowhere to be found today. Also my hybrid and iron game was very inconsistent. I'd make a seven or eight on a few holes then string together a few pars in a row. Very annoying. Needless to say I stayed and practiced on the range for an hour or so after playing 18. Damn this game. It's more complicated than women.
bagger05
AG
Where in Rockwall?
Brick Tamland
Buffalo Creek. I've never been before.
saltydog13
AG
quote:
i didn't realize anyone actually shoots 128, at least not on a Saturday. Seems like there would be enough pickups, drop on the other side of the hazard, etc where it would be "I would have shot about a 125".

Anyway, everyone has to start somewhere, and it is possible to keep up while shooting a high score. I just found it funny that he got the cliche advice to go spend his time on the practice green so that he can get up and down in 2 after hitting 5-6 miserable shots to get on or near the green.

You'd be surprised. Working as a cart guy in high school we'd always see leftover scorecards in the carts. The majority of the scores were 80-100, but there were a few so high that we would try and find the highest possible. Worst I saw was 144.
I do agree with most that you have to start somewhere though. If someone wants to pick up golf then awesome.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.