PGA most punchable

5,802 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Funky Winkerbean
Sazerac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
im going Keegan Bradley
pdaddy
AG
Ian Poulter
nickel
Poulter is a good call. I'd also add Rory Sabatini to the list.
Quinn
AG
The players all said Bubba, right?
AustinCountyAg
Bubba
Diet Cokehead
AG
Sergio
Whoop04
What's the deal with sabatini? I don't know much about him other than people hate him.
Mr.Bond
AG
I second Sergio
birdman
Ben Crane. Slowest golfer on planet. I really want to punch that turtle every time I see him.

Sabbatini got so mad at Crane that he played ahead and let Crane fiddle around by himself. It was glorious. Sabbatini will always been on my good list because of that stunt.
jja79
AG
Good news is he's so seldom in contention he's not on TV much.
Matsui
AG
Bubba
SonnyParker1
AG
Corey Pavin.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Corey Pavin.
hated his cameo in Tin Cup that much huh?
98Ag99Grad
AG
He's not on the tour but I can't stand Charlie Rhymer on GC. Guy drives me up the wall and is a doofus.
jj9000
AG
The guy just outside the ropes who strategically positions himself next to the teebox camera/mic to ensure all of his buddies can hear him scream dumb **** just after someone swings.
KatyAg01
AG
Spencer Levin. Just has that surly, ahole look about him, and pouts like a petulant teenager when he hits a poor shot.
watty
AG
Sabattini. It's his stupid face with this butt chin that makes me hate him. Loving of me, I know...
DadAG10
quote:
He's not on the tour but I can't stand Charlie Rhymer on GC. Guy drives me up the wall and is a doofus.
Followed him around Colonial awhile back on a early Sunday morning. He was paired with Boros Jr.

Neither was in contention and they were both interested in finishing quickly and getting out of town.

Rhymer was friendly and very funny.
AggieC07
AG
I think Ben Crane has come leaps and bounds and isn't that bad anymore (slow play wise).
Aggie369
AG
From a different perspective on sabbatini

When Rory moved to ft worth area he joined the club I grew up playing at. I've played golf with him too many times to count. He gets a terrible rap by the media. Yes he's cocky and opinionated but he speaks his mind and doesn't care about making everyone happy.

First time I met him he was in the group behind me and it was slow...he caught up pretty quick and asked if we minded him joining us....uh of course we didn't mind

Every trophy he won (he was top 25 for a few years) he would put in our pro shop so everyone could check it out

Gave all the junior golfers at the course free stuff, balls, clubs, autographs, tickets to Texas PGA events....

Donates a lot of money to our military

Heck when he won the Byron he took us all out to dinner that night at Brio in Southlake. He brought us all inside the ropes on 18 green and told us he would reserve the whole patio and he picked up the whole check.

He took one of my friends on tour with him for 5-6 weeks in his RV to show him what tour life was like

He doesn't practice much, has a great sense of humor, and is real fun to play with...sometimes the media needs someone to hate on

He apologized to crane and after the incident they got a long just fine...crane is a member a vaquero, where I worked through highschool, just up the road from our club. Rory joined colonial a while back. He didn't want to join such an exclusive club because he likes being relaxed and hanging out with everyone
Aggie369
AG
Rory has some awesome stories and treats you like ur one of guys

My brother (LHIOB on texags) hit a big push on this par 3....Rory walks over to him and puts his arm around him and says "do you try to suck?" With a huge smile on his face

He's walking past my buddy who's on the putting green....they have only met once...my buddy's putt was not rolling hard enough to get to the hole...as he walks by he laughs and says "that's got no shot!"

He never was snobby or acted like he didn't have time to talk...he helped us with certain shots or how to play certain holes...

Now if he could only learn to putt!
98Ag99Grad
AG
Love hearing stories like that. Thanks for sharing.
watty
AG
Dang it, now I kinda like him.
Shane431
AG
Sabbatini cheated on his ex-wife and they got divorced. But I heard he's fun to be around.

I want to punch Bubba in da face!
Aggie369
AG
couple more good stories

Rory was wearing his metal spikes at the course which was of course not allowed so I asked him "Do they care that you wear your metal spikes out here?"

Rory responds "Does who care? Me? No i dont care"

He had his new, very expensive RV parked in front of his house and he got a letter from the HOA saying he had to move it because it had been there for a certain number of hours as he was packing for a few weeks on the road. He wrote them a letter back and told them that his RV cost more than his house and he would not be moving until he was ready to leave

he told a crazy story of bow hunting baboons back in South Africa and said it was just a terrible experience because they react like a person would if they were to be shot with an arrow

ok last one....
we are standing on number 9 tee box and im obviously keeping our scores in my head...i say "you know we are tied right now" he says "really?....yea i guess we are...ill tell u what...ill play this hole with your clubs (im lefty) and you can play with your clubs as well...BUT if i beat you left handed you have to tell everyone that i played lefty the whole front nine. If you beat me then you can say you beat me straight up. OK Deal! He picks up my 5 iron with a couple warm up swings lefty and hits one about 180 down the middle with a draw. He lays up with a wedge before the water in front of the green, pitches on and two putts for a 5.....we both made bogey....sad day
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
quote:
Spencer Levin. Just has that surly, ahole look about him, and pouts like a petulant teenager when he hits a poor shot.
Yep, looks like a little entitled pr*ck. Someone who would be in the Cobra Kai if he weren't such a runt. Dude's gotta be on heavy amounts of Adderall. Just has that look to him.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
No one say Tiger please. He's off limits.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
There he is
Harry Stone
AG
DL3. He's a ***** and I hate the way he walks.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
That's because Elin already did it.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Rory has some awesome stories and treats you like ur one of guys

My brother (LHIOB on texags) hit a big push on this par 3....Rory walks over to him and puts his arm around him and says "do you try to suck?" With a huge smile on his face

He's walking past my buddy who's on the putting green....they have only met once...my buddy's putt was not rolling hard enough to get to the hole...as he walks by he laughs and says "that's got no shot!"

He never was snobby or acted like he didn't have time to talk...he helped us with certain shots or how to play certain holes...

Now if he could only learn to putt!
I knew when I saw the title to this thread that Rorys name would be on here a lot because he does come off as an ass but he was always nice to everyone. Ive only played with him 3 or 4 times but its insane to see what those guys do what they can do with a golf ball up close. I made the mistake of talking a little trash once and I found out quickly that he can take it and give it. Being asked if you are trying to suck by a player who at the time has just won the west coast swing is a great confidence boost!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Lanny Wadkins.
SLAB CITY AG
I gotta go with most of the PGA tour guys...Tiger, DL3, Mahan, Bubba, Boo, MAC, Ian Poulter (guys such a ******), Bradley, etc...they are all such dorks trying to be cool guys with all their gear.

You ever heard Tiger and Phil speak? Nerds and ******s, the lot of them.

No, I'm not bitter at all because they play golf for a living...
Oyster DuPree
AG
Hunter Mahan
93MarineHorn
quote:
The guy just outside the ropes who strategically positions himself next to the teebox camera/mic to ensure all of his buddies can hear him scream dumb **** just after someone swings.

That guy needs to be punched, kicked, pistol whipped and set on fire. Lord, what I would give to be put in charge of a tournament for one day. I'd rough up and kick out dozens of jackasses.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.