Re-gripping question

1,853 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ag_07
Oknows
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I have been gradually upgrading and have recently replaced some clubs with pretty new (5 or 6 rounds) Winn Dri-tac grips on them. What would Golfsmith or Golf Galaxy charge to blow those grips off the old clubs plus the $2.99 they charge for the re-gripping?
Mr.Bond
AG
They shouldn't charge you anything honestly. If they do find a mom and pop golf shop instead. Also gripping your own clubs it quite easy FYI. $2.99 per club is BS imo
The Milkman
AG
They won't charge anything.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
all the charge is the cost of the grip and usually $1 to install, in many cases they waive that $1 charge. Installation includes removing the old grips.
antman8504
AG
I usually see grip installs being 2-3 dollars per club. This includes removing old grips by cutting them off.

But you asked about blowing the grip off , to save it I assume. They will usually do this for free if you are going to pay them to install new grips.

But you mentioned that you are trying to save Winn grips, I have been told many times that Winn grips are very difficult to save and they might not be able to do it. I saw one guy try to save a winn grip on my burner 2.0 and the cap of the grip flew right off. when he turned on the air.
Oknows
AG
Heard the same antman. Guess I'll give it a try and see what happens. Worth a shot I guess.
AustinCountyAg
I need to put a new grip on one club and I was wondering if I were to take the club in to golfsmith will the re-grip it right there while I am in the store, or is it something I have to drop off and get the next day?

Ag_07
AG
Usually you can wait around while they do it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.