Shortpar4.com

2,434 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AGTX
tamu2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any experience with this website?

I've seen conflicting reviews about what you actually pay, but it appears that you pay a subscription ($45/month) and they deliver a box montly that has 1-3 new golf appearl items.

It seems like a pretty good deal and they send some good brands.
hot dog
AG
I've never used it. But I found a coupon code for $20 off, BIRDIE20
bagger05
AG
Their website is certainly not very helpful...

I think they operate like Trunk Club where they send you stuff, you keep what you want, and then send back the rest. While Trunk Club charges you MSRP, it looks like SP4 charges you dues and sells at a discount.

If that is indeed the case then the fact that they are only sending 1-3 items per month means they better have a really good hit rate. A couple months in a row of getting sent a box that only has only one thing in it and you don't like it means that you shelled out $90 and got nothing out of it.
tamu2009
AG
I agree bagger. I've read reviews that described their service a little different, where you pay liek $250 a quarter and get a box worth at least $500. Then you pay for what you keep at 20% discount.

It appears now you pay $45 a month and only get 1-3 items. The website doesn't detail if you have to buy the items or not. The FAQs say you can't exchange an item because you don't like it, only becasue it doesn't fit. So they make it out to sound like you get 1-3 items a month for $45 a month and you keep all the items that come and don't pay anymore.

Very confusing website and little to no information on it at all. That's why I asked if anyone had experience!
AgPrognosticator
AG
They are trying to poach an idea that has been around for a while with men's clothing. Probably been around with women's as well.

The basic idea is that we are too busy to go shopping, so we pay for a subscription they mail us the latest trends they think we would like based on our self-described preferences. You ship the stuff back that you don't like in a pre-paid box.

These companies represent that you will save money if you subscribe and actually keep stuff because they will discount the clothes you keep of their suggested retail price.

If I'm shopping for a bargain, I'd rather hit the sale rack at Dick's every couple months...
'03ag
quote:

If I'm shopping for a bargain, I'd rather hit the sale rack at Dick's every couple months...
this. Quality name brand shirts can be had for under $20 all the time at Ross, TJ Maxx etc. I suppose this could be good if you wear golf attire to work all the time?
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:

this. Quality name brand shirts can be had for under $20 all the time at Ross, TJ Maxx etc. I suppose this could be good if you wear golf attire to work all the time?
golf shirt and jeans for the win!!!
Aggie1391
quote:
quote:
quote:

golf shirt and jeans for the win!!!
All day err day
hot dog
AG
AGTX
AG
quote:
I went ahead and ordered a box last month when I found that $20 off coupon code. My package came in today, it contained a navy Greg Norman polo and baby blue shorts. I really like the shorts, but I'm not a big fan of the polo's material. I'll definitely wear it to work, but it feels too heavy to wear on the course.

I don't think I'd pay $45/month for this, but I felt like I got my $25 worth. I'd probably pay that for the shorts alone.

It's just the $45/month? There isn't a charge for the individual items in the box?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.