Belts

6,585 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AggieDruggist89
Texas Ag 15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What kind of belts do yall wear when playing? Any good brands that have long value?
G-Town Cracker
AG
House of Fleming or GTFO
AgDotCom
I changed from leather belts to silicon belts last year because I finally grew tired of the staining the leather would leave on my shorts or slacks after a round in hot temps.

The silicon worked perfectly for this and were great belts....until they started cracking and broke within the year.

This year I'm trying faux leather belts from Nike. We'll see how that goes.

BEaggie08
AG
I occasionally wear a leather belt, but I have recently started wearing web belts for the same reason listed above.
nickel
Sort of related, assistant pro at my club has a theory. If waist size exceeds age, leave the white belt in the closet ... or throw it away.
Quinn
AG
quote:
Sort of related, assistant pro at my club has a theory. If waist size exceeds age, leave the white belt in the closet ... or throw it away.
So white belts for old people only, or just non-fats over age 34?
Old School Brother
quote:
I don't really wear white belts, but that guy is an idiot. white belts are for young kids, how many do you know with a 21 waist?
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

Maybe there's a reason he's just the assistant.
Quinn
AG
It makes some sense backwards, so I'm gonna guess something got lost in translation...
jj9000
AG
Ag_07
AG
My rule of thumb is, regardless of age or waist size, if you're not a single digit HC leave the white belt in the closet.
MarkPro
I wear White Ball Belts. You can get the straps in at least 10 different colors. They are easy to change out, and I buy the straps online most of the time.
dcrewint
I've got puma and Adidas belts I love.
mt3950
AG
quote:
My rule of thumb is, regardless of age or waist size, if you're not a single digit HC leave the white belt in the closet.
birdman
I always think of Herb Tarlek on WKRP in Cincinnati.
Hanrahan
AG
Mark pro where do you buy your white ball belts online? Do you save any $$ or are they stil $50 a strap? I've been looking for the straps online for less than $50 but haven't found any. I've got 5 straps but always lookin for more.
RailroadAG93
Look at Francis Edwards belts. Company was started by Paul Stankowski and has really taken off up here in DFW. I also have a few of their wallets and they are great too!.
92TXAG
AG
quote:
Look at Francis Edwards belts. Company was started by Paul Stankowski and has really taken off up here in DFW. I also have a few of their wallets and they are great too!.

That's what I wear...quality belts, great guy
mongey donk
AG
have 2 adidas belts I have had for 3-4 years and love them. One is white for special occasions...
Matsui
AG
Where do you buy those Francis belts?
92TXAG
AG
I buy direct from Stanko because he's a friend, but I'll post a link from him once I get off the road / mobile

FYI; I get both my professional belts (for suits / slacks) & golf belts from him...he did an awesome A&M belt for me, too
92TXAG
AG
http://francisedward.com/
MarkPro
Hanrahan, I could've sworn I bought them at TGW. I looked, and they don't carry them. I haven't bought one in a while though. I might have gotten them directly from White Ball. I have two of their buckles also.
tamu2009
AG
I like the mission belts that I saw on shark tank. I have a brown with brushed nickel looking clasp and a black with silver clasp. I wear then to work and golf and they've held up really well this first year every day for work and 60+ rounds last year.
Mr.Bond
AG
I bought some too. The concept is genius. They are just to narrow/thin of a belt imo. I wish they made a style for blue jeans
mongey donk
AG
quote:
60+ rounds last year.
this depresses me
tamu2009
AG
That was just april-sept really. I only had 3 rounds Sept through January
JarAG2007
AG
Hell, I think I have 3 rounds total this year. With work, family, and this awesome rain it has been a tough go so far this year.

This weather and rain though I can't wait to get on the course because they should all be in perfect condition. Even the small muni's will be nice!
proudaggie02
AG
How much are the Stankowski belts?
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
How much are the Stankowski belts?
If you have to ask...

Seriously though, pricing or vendors por favor.
Ag_07
AG
Francis Edward = Stankowski belts

Duh...
Icecream_Ag
S
i know who makes the belts, but unless I missed something there is nothing on the website.
Old School Brother
the article thing on their site said prices start at $159.

their website leaves me asking one question......HOW DO I BUY A BELT? am i missing it?
proudaggie02
AG
^
Damn. Sweet belts, but I'm not spending $150 on a belt.
DadAG10
Take it to the fashion board!

Absolutely cracks me up that there are grown men worrying about what other grown men are wearing.

To each his own!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.