Whispering Pines

1,924 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mt3950
mt3950
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Playing WP thursday...what should I expect? first time to play it and I'm pretty excited.
19AG84
AG
Beautiful facility. Golf course is one of the best I have ever played in Texas. The service from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave is top notch. Enjoy your round.
garym2001
AG
Best course in Texas. Back 9 is as good as it gets. Take advantage of #1, it may be the easiest hole on the course.
Mr.Bond
AG
Forgive my ignorance, I think I remember this course being open seasonal but what are policies in regards to playing? Is it 100% private?
WHOOP!'91
AG
Yes, seasonal and yes, 100% private. My cousin is a member and said they were all full. He did take me out once and it was pretty great.
Mr.Bond
AG
Damn. Guess I better find someone who needs a 4th one day. Living in League City there is no way I'd become a member, even if I hit the sweepstakes
Squatch
AG
I worked there as a caddie during my summers in college. on any given day, there would be max 2 groups that played. very rarely did you see another group on the course during the round. not sure how it is now but this was back in 2001 and 2002.

the caddies had the course on Mondays and we played as many holes as we could get in.....amazing place.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Playing WP thursday...what should I expect?

Wet conditions, no roll, and soft greens. That area is getting hammered today and rain hanging around most of the week.

Hope it clears up for you.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Beautiful course. Back 9 has some fantastic holes.

Enjoy the round.
zebco
Got to play in the fall. Played like crap but no way that could ruin the experience. Just try and play the right tees.

Get out on the Needler short course too, very cool
cevans_40
AG
unless it rains 30 minutes before your tee time, I can assure you the greens wont be soft.
YouBet
AG
Thought this was a Longview, TX thread. nm.
mt3950
AG
Round postponed...gonna play sometime in the fall after the re-open.

My Thursday just got a lot less exciting...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.