Just ordered my new driver

1,880 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by dbtexasag05
AgPrognosticator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
G30 LS tour x 85

Not sure I can do anything else to lower the spin off the tee....will check in with results in a couple weeks.
dbtexasag05
Did you try an i20?
98Ag99Grad
AG
Demo it first?
AgPrognosticator
AG
Tried a friend's i20 and loved it, but it's simply not as forgiving as the g. I did demo a couple different brands, but nothing could compete with the g series for my particular swing. Haven't hit the shaft I ordered, but I currently have the ping tour d x flex 169 in play with a g20 head, so I figured it should work out OK with the g30.

I'm hoping to gain ~5-10 yards on average.

98Ag99Grad
AG
I really like my G30 hybrids. Might be time for a driver upgrade myself. Hope it works for you.
G-Town Cracker
AG
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts after the great review it got on GolfWRX. Thinking of going the G30 LS route with a Kuro Kage Silver shaft.
AgPrognosticator
AG
Apparently it's in high demand. I'm still waiting on a call from the pro shop.
Sooner Born
Sometimes it's the angle of attack and not the shaft/driver head.
AgPrognosticator
AG
So this thing sounds dead, it feels dead and gone is my majestic ball flight ....

Can't tell if I picked up any distance yet as it was too windy today. What I can tell is that it is much less forgiving than the g20.

I better notice some increased distance next time out or I will be bummed.
dbtexasag05
The G30 is my least favorite driver ping has made and that includes the K series of yesteryear. Sorry man.
ORAggieFan
This is fascinating. The G30 is insanely popular with the pros. The G series used to be the forgiving line with the I the players club but almost no pro plays the i25 as they are all playing the G30.

FWIW I have the i25 and love it. Have a G10 4W I'm looking to replace with a 3W that's TBD.
dbtexasag05
Love my i20 and flirted with picking up bighitters 9.5 degree he had for sale. I carry the 8.0 degree.

That G30 feels like **** to me no matter what shaft I put in it. Doesn't bubba still use his G25?
AgPrognosticator
AG
I would go with regular g30. I got the LS tech g30 -- supposed to be for higher swing speeds..... Only thing I have noticed so far is a smaller sweet spot.
dbtexasag05
Ag please go hit the i20.

I got the G30 and could never get below 3500 rpms. The i20 got me below 2000...

I think that will be your answer to low spin.
G-Town Cracker
AG
Interesting. The GolfWRX guys loved it for some reason. I'll just keep my old Titleist.
mt3950
AG
Hmmmm...sorry about your luck with the new driver. My dad has a G25 driver and it's legit! Hope you bought yours from a place with a 90day playability guarantee...
AgPrognosticator
AG
quote:
So this thing sounds dead, it feels dead and gone is my majestic ball flight ....

Can't tell if I picked up any distance yet as it was too windy today. What I can tell is that it is much less forgiving than the g20.

I better notice some increased distance next time out or I will be bummed
I take it back. I take it all back.

Maybe a tick less forgiving, but I've gained *a lot* of distance. Played my home course and I ended up in spots I've never been before. Drove through the fairway multiple times and drove a green that I've never come close to.

Will have to take different angles on several holes to keep the ball in play.
dbtexasag05
Haha

Nice!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.