Raveneaux CC Members

15,001 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by nickel
maroonout32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That sounds extremely reasonable to me, so I'm definitely going to explore Raveneaux further. But are guest passes really $100 a pop to have my dad come out every once in a while?
jja79
AG
How many times can a guest play? 6 per year?
tamu2009
AG
Don't know anything about this place but sounds like a hell of a deal.
Aggie369
AG
Northgate is 150 a month with 250 initiation (under the age of 35) also includes pool, tennis, and a membership to their sister course in conroe

U have to pay $15 for a cart but there is no food/beverage minimum and kids 12 and under eat free

Northgate looked like the nicer course but haven't played either course yet....I will in the next few weeks though
The Milkman
AG
My best friend's dad held the course record there for a while...not sure if he still does. Could a member there ask what it is and who has it... would like to be able to report back to him.
Remington870
I went to check out Raveneaux today, and it was AWESOME. The golf course looked great, the fitness room was incredible, the wedding spread looked very nice, and the men's locker room had a really cool setup.
Texaggie7nine
Starting to look at Rav and NG. Looks like Rav is down to 450 initiation and $300/mo for over 30 and guest fees are down to $70. Northgate is looking less expensive pricewise and the access to Walden and discount at La Torreta rooms seems like a good bonus.

Need to check out the NG course though.
7nine
Poot
Northgate gets you Walden access? Walden Conroe?
Texaggie7nine
Yes. The one next to La Torreta.
7nine
Poot
Didn't realize that. That's quite the perk!
Ragoo
AG
quote:
Northgate is 150 a month with 250 initiation (under the age of 35) also includes pool, tennis, and a membership to their sister course in conroe

U have to pay $15 for a cart but there is no food/beverage minimum and kids 12 and under eat free

Northgate looked like the nicer course but haven't played either course yet....I will in the next few weeks though
what does it jump to at 35?
Texaggie7nine
$500 initiation
$245 all inclusive
$180 without cart fees.

Then at 45 it jumps to

$395 and $455
7nine
Ragoo
AG
is that for an individual only or the entire family?
Texaggie7nine
I assume whole family because the "all inclusive" price states "good for cart fees for the whole family".
7nine
AggieC07
AG
How many courses does Ravenuex have now? When I was growing up, I felt like they competed with Champions (I believe they had 36 holes), then went down hill and I saw one of the courses (the one on Cypresswood) they just let grow out and die.
Texaggie7nine
Just one I believe.
7nine
AggieT
AG
They closed the New Course years ~10 years ago. The Old Course is still there.
AggieC07
AG
I guess im showing my age here.....
AggieT
AG
I feel you.
Texaggie7nine
Going to play Northgate tomorrow around 3 to see how I like it. If anyone wants to join I can get 3 others on with me for just cart fees. None of my golfing buddies can make it.

After the tour, you can tell it's not like it once was as far as prestige and service. They have limited staff to keep fees down but I like that. I just want to play golf and enjoy the clubhouse without people everywhere that want tips for doing things other than serving me food or drinks. They also lost like 4 holes in the flooding on the extra 9 holes they have. so they only have 4 playable holes to just go play for fun when not playing a full 18.

Pretty sure we are going to join,.
7nine
Golf Nut 04
AG
Have a friend who recently joined Northgate. He seems to really enjoy it and is glad he did it.
Texaggie7nine
Joining Northgate today.

Though it was a little worrisome seeing the creek almost up to the banks yesterday after the woodlands got hammered. Hopefully it stays draining fast.
7nine
Poot
As far as the "extra 9 holes" Northgate has/had... Are those on the old Bunkers 9? If I recall that is the 9 that went out towards Cypresswood and the closest to Cypress Creek.
Texaggie7nine
Yes, it is the Bunkers course. Only 1, 7, 8 and 9 are playable now.
7nine
nickel
I know a couple guys over at NG. One of them told me after the floods, that nine that got hammered may not be put back into play and they'd just have 18. I don't know if true, but what one guy "thought".

As for Raveneuax, three holes are still shut down (2,3,4) -- the three which run directly adjacent to Cypress Creek. Two and three could play as par 3's but they've been leaving them free of traffic lately and opening briefly. And #4 (which is a par 3) had it's green under water a couple times during the floods. I haven't played in a couple weeks, but that green got hit hard. One half putts ok, and the other is still growing back in.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.