Iron Horse in NRH

1,481 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 940Ag
940Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have a chance to play this track next week. Any reviews? It's either there or Fossil Creek.
tamu2009
AG
I haven't played Iron Horse, but Fossil Creek is one of my favorite tracks in the area. But the brutally slow pace (when i've played) and the fact I live in Richardson keep me from playing it often.
Yesterday
AG
I haven't played Iron Horse, but I drive by it twice a day and it looks like it's in incredible shape. I need to get out and play it sometime.
TwoMarksHand
AG
I lived right next to Fossil Creek one summer during an internship, and it was a great course. I must have hit it just right because it was never too crowded. I, as well, have not had the chance to play Iron Horse
DannyDuberstein
AG
Have played it a few times. It's ok. Fairly short but requires accuracy and course mgmt. it has been in very good conditon when I have played it.
AggieKatie2
AG
What DD said
mbyrd
Iron Horse is a more old school type course, "target golf" on the front nine and opens up somewhat on the back nine. Haven't played it in a few years but always had a tough time there as the greens are smaller.

I like Fossil Creek as it's a good mix for the long hitters and shorter hitters. Par 3 over the water on the back side is tough if it's into the wind but overall one of the better public courses in Tarrant County. Never had any issues with slow play.
nickaggie13
AG
I played golf in high school and Fossil Creek was our home course so I have played it a ton. It is a fun course but to me is a bit overpriced. That might be because I played it for free so many times in high school.

Iron Horse is also a great course. I think I like the layout of Iron Horse better but the course isn't quite as nice. It is a great course for the value. I haven't played either course in a year or so but those two courses were my go to courses. I would recommend either, Iron Horse is just a little cheaper.
fordag4
AG
Heard Fossil Creek is really nice after the changes they made.
Elmo Lincoln
AG
Both good courses. As others have said, Fossil Creek is a little nicer. Iron Horse is a little slower. Both can be packed. Iron Horse is a whip to walk due to distances between green and tee.
940Ag
AG
Played Iron Horse Thursday. Not a bad track! Greens were in average shape, played in the afternoon and with three in our group (one walking) we got our round in just over 4:15hrs. We were lucky though, as we didn't have anyone in front of us for at least 7-8 holes.
Looking at heading up to WinStar in two weeks to play 18. Never played there either, so I am trying to get some courses in I have never been to.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.